Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if my last post went through or not. So I am submitting another. I currently own a 02 modified Corvette Z06. I would very much like to know exactly what performance modifications are currently available for the E55. Please let me know whatever you know about this.
Thanks,
Dave in Orlando

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
I really doubt the need for a performance upgrade on an E55! It is pretty powerful as it i...

I really doubt the need for a performance upgrade on an E55! It is pretty powerful as it is, so that most of any extra HP will only get lost in wheel spin.

The 55 engine supercharges very well, but any sizeable pressure boost will require substantial upgrade of traction - the problem here is that the E55 whell wells are pretty tight for space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brabus up grades

You can go with the K8 kit from Brabus, my buddy just bought a bunch of stuff from them. Deal with a guy named Jesse, he was a big help.

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
I'm not sure if my last post went through or not. So I am submitting another. I currently own a 02 modified Corvette Z06. I would very much like to know exactly what performance modifications are currently available for the E55. Please let me know whatever you know about this.
Thanks,
Dave in Orlando
Dave, HPS has a kit available for the E55. You might want to give them a call.

Good luck,
Mike

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
Thanks,
Dave in Orlando
There are two things you can do, depending on what type of performance you're looking for. One, take the naturally aspirated program: ported and polished intake and exhaust manifolds, big valve heads, bored block (to 6.0L), good for 520bhp. And if that's not enough for you, go with the 5.5L Biturbo Program. Either way, you'll end up with a Benz that will leave your Z06 in the dust.[:D]

http://boykinracing.us/index3.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts