Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 CLK 430
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am looking for a good performance shop and body shop in Northern Va to get some work done... Any idea where would be the best place to go? Thank in advance!

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Hey guys i am looking for a good performance shop and body shop in Northern Va to get some work done... Any idea where would be the best place to go? Thank in advance!
what part of NOVA??? i live in sterling VA..
My boy got his SL55 AMG pushing from 512hp to 670 hp...i can call him and ask him where he got it done at....

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
I live in Centreville and that would be awsome man thanks
I JUST CALLED HIM AND LEFT HIM A MESSAGE..FUNNY, HE USED TO LIVE IN CENTERVILLE BY THE LIBRARY BY LIFE FITNESS AND NOW MOVED OFF OX ROAD BY FEROX MALL(SPELLING) OFF 50 :)
I WILL GET BACK AT U

·
Registered
Supercharged CLk430 street/show car
174 Posts
shop

I have a show/street car and I have had my work done by one the best shops around Va and Md, Brauning Motorsports! It is still in the process of being finished! I have owned my car for several years and checked out several shops because there wasnt anyone i trusted in Va to touch my ride but found them they are $%@#ing awesome! If you go through me I can talk to MARK and MR Brauning and probally get you a good price!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 CLK 430
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright man thanks alot as soon as i get the money for the new front bumper springs and lights etc ill let you know... Any idea where i can get Carlsson RS replica bumper?

·
Registered
174 Posts
replica bumper

Only thing i can suggest is research the web for the bumper! I have found parts for my car that people didnt even know existed by hours of research on the web! Ebay is a good place, search for carlson bumpers etc, There are always guys on there selling there replica kits they make from originals you just need to make sure it is a good replica with decent fitment.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
here u go..its located in sterling VA and its called KARTUNES AND ASK FOR MIKE AND #703-406-0825.
GO DOWN 28 LIKE U ARE PASSING THE DULLES AIRPORT ON YOUR LEFT AND 2 LIGHT AND MAKE A RIGHT ON STERLING BLVD FROM ROUTE 28... GO DOWN THE ROAD AND U WILL SEE SAFEWAY ON YOUR RIGHT AND ITS IN HTE SAME SHOPPING CENTER.
TELL HIM REZA HAS SENT THERE(THE ONE WT THE WHITE SL55 AMG WITH 670 HP) AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF U.
HOPE I HAVE HELP U OUT BRO.
MIKEY

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
I didnt know there were so many locals. You guys should check out absolutelydriven.com It is the local euro forum with meets/events.

I have a replica carlsson rs bumper at home. But I must warn you, replicas never fit well. I cut my AMG bumper in half and molded it to the stock amg bumper

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
I didnt know there were so many locals. You guys should check out absolutelydriven.com It is the local euro forum with meets/events.

I have a replica carlsson rs bumper at home. But I must warn you, replicas never fit well. I cut my AMG bumper in half and molded it to the stock amg bumper[/QUOTE

what part of MD are u from? are u anywhere near germantown or rockville or gaithursburg ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Blackbenz

Blackbenz Nice car bro I have been visiting this site for years and have always admired your car! I have A sweet ride thats in the process of being finished! You can go to the gauge cluster thread and read my mods!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 CLK 430
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I have a replica carlsson rs bumper at home. But I must warn you, replicas never fit well. I cut my AMG bumper in half and molded it to the stock amg bumper
Is there anything that i can do to get the replica bumper to fit well?? and what do you mean you cut your AMG bumper in half and molded it?

And thanks to everyone with the advice on the shops guys it has really helped

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
what part of MD are u from? are u anywhere near germantown or rockville or gaithursburg ?
Gaithersburg
Blackbenz Nice car bro I have been visiting this site for years and have always admired your car! I have A sweet ride thats in the process of being finished! You can go to the gauge cluster thread and read my mods!:thumbsup:
Thanks!!! I have read about your ride, I cant wait to see the finished product! What does the hood you are getting look like? Is it cf? I've been looking for a c/f vented hood that fits well FOREVER! Let me know when it's done, I wanna check it out.
Is there anything that i can do to get the replica bumper to fit well?? and what do you mean you cut your AMG bumper in half and molded it?

And thanks to everyone with the advice on the shops guys it has really helped
Yes, you can do what I did lol. It fits perfectly. You know where the molding is on the AMG bumper? Well they cut the bumper horizontally at that molding all the way across. Then cut the Carlsson rep at the same point. Then they mold it together and you get a perfect fitting bumper. Tada!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hood

I actually sent my hood to Vegas so they could use it as a plug for a mold and then did the custom vent and everything i designed and asked! The fitment is
unf#%$&ing believable I was so impressed when i got it,it looks like it was made from the factory, just out of fiberglass.It has ribs underneath and everything a perfect fit no BS! The whole thing cost me 4 grand though counting shipping my original hood and custom work! They do specialize in custom carbon fiber projects and they are good man!:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts