Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I got a few questions on performance mods for C43. What kind of aftermarket sxhaust system do you guys ahve experience with? what's a good source to get them? Ar there any coilover suspension kits for the C43? what kind of oerformance mods are available, I have spoken to Kleemann, they are expen$ive!! What wheels width offset can I go with 18'? what's the widest possible? how about 19'? I have seen BBS LM's on the C43, but I wasn't sure what the fitment was, thanks all for the info. Lastly, what's a good source to get factory Mercedes parts? is there a store that gives us discounts? thanks in advance. Feel free to reply to me directly at [email protected], thanks again.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,<br> I have a C43 too, and I just change the two stock panel filter for a pair of 'new' K&N. The #part is: 332183. I feel better resposte, and smoothness from the botton to the top. Additionally I 110% sure that I improve the gas milege 2-4 in highway. <br> Finally, next month I`ll send the (ECU) to this german company H&S tuningchip. Take a look to: http://www.hs-elektronik.com/datenblatt-e/mercedes-c43-amg.html <br> is the best chip in the market for this car, and the ///AMG use it this in a F1 Safecar.<br> I hope it helps,<br> bye.<br> Pierre Andreani <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey did you finally get an email for that web site? I have been trying to get info on that chip forever. I want it. How about a group buy? I will buy one for sure email me Pierre thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are those allen screws upside down on the airbox cover?

I just got the K&Ns but a bit intimidated by the engine box. I got as far as removing the front 'AMG' plastic cover. Are those upside down screws allens that hold the airbox lid? I think there's 7 of them. <br> Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Are those allen screws upside down on the airbox cover?

changing out the K&N's is very simple. The manifold cover does not need to be unscrewed - instead it pulls upward, and off of, small metal knobs. The cover is attached to these knobs via spring clips - simply pull upward and they pop off.<br> <br> Once you remove the cover, turn it over and you can disassemble the cover by removing the screw fasteners. Very simple.<br> <br> E-mail me if you want further info.<br> <br> By the way, what sources have you found for aftermarket parts (other than K&Ns, which I have also)?<br> <br> John Worth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts