Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching around for a while, I finally found this LED to replace stock ones without showing any error messages and works perfectly.

Front view

Side view

Comparison with headlight and fog light

License plate light

Magic circuit and LED light bulb

LED is much whiter and brighter than W5W 194 bulbs, but as you know it will show error messages because of the low power consumption. But after adding the circuit, the LED will work with 5W power so there's no error message anymore.

·
Registered
08' C-300 AWD SPORT
593 Posts
That LED looks like you can find it online but that other piece not sure. Do you have the Taiwan manufacturer or what the part is I am sure we can find it online.

I meant 2 more bulbs 1 for each side to complete the eyelids.

·
Registered
C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That LED looks like you can find it online but that other piece not sure. Do you have the Taiwan manufacturer or what the part is I am sure we can find it online.

I meant 2 more bulbs 1 for each side to complete the eyelids.
I am still waiting for 2 more bulbs to come, once I got it I will put the photo on again.

I am trying to arrange group buy but these bulbs cost me 50$ a pair, I am not sure I can get enough people.

·
Registered
08' C-300 AWD SPORT
593 Posts
Yes you will b/c thios may help people with other models as well I am sure even if it doesn't I am sure enough people on this board are game for buying them.

·
Registered
08' C-300 AWD SPORT
593 Posts
whats the part I mean the leds I see on various websites so I think we can get those cheaper. Whats the name of the Taiwan piece we need?

·
Registered
C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats the part I mean the leds I see on various websites so I think we can get those cheaper. Whats the name of the Taiwan piece we need?
Every LED is controlled by the IC inside, I don't know if the circuit works with other LED.
And I can't get the circuit without LED anyway.
Please also note that the LED I used with total 21 LED lights on it, which is much more expensive than normal single LED light.

·
Registered
08' C-300 AWD SPORT
593 Posts
Lets get a group buy going I am Very interested. Did u purchase it from a website? Did you get the other 2 bulbs yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
After searching around for a while, I finally found this LED to replace stock ones without showing any error messages and works perfectly.

Front view

Side view

Comparison with headlight and fog light

License plate light

Magic circuit and LED light bulb

LED is much whiter and brighter than W5W 194 bulbs, but as you know it will show error messages because of the low power consumption. But after adding the circuit, the LED will work with 5W power so there's no error message anymore.
These parking LED lights are all over ebay...all you need to do is add the extra circuit in them....what the inital post said.....

The question is what did you add?? to make up the 5W....if its over 5W there maybe a chance of burn wiring....

·
Registered
C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Detail procedure of installation

Original light bulb

LED light bulb

Magic Box

Put the wire across light bulb, red wire to positive side and black wire to the negative side

Put the light on

Here we go!

Stick the box with double coated tape

·
Registered
C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to get 10 cars to get this group buy going,
The price will be 50$ a pair (incl. LED light bulb and magic box),
For W204 you will need 4 bulbs so it's 100$ total plus shipping to US will be $10 and to UK is $15.
The LED comes with one year warranty.

If anyone wants to join this group buy please let me know.

·
Registered
2008 W204
86 Posts
Looks great but would it be possible that the black box became hot and melting the plastic part that you have it taped on?

Also what kind of turn signal bulbs you have? They seem to match well with your eyelids.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts