Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

So yesterday i was coming home from school, it was about 6 or 7ish. I had to run back and get some cables, I had been working in the auditorium for this Lip Sync production some of us put on. The school is in this tiny village (1 sq mile big!) There are stop signs at every intersection (IM NOT KIDDING) So Im going down this street on the stop sign before the last block, I floor it in my 300 SD. The engine roars goes up to 3000 rpms I'm going about 30mph according to my speedometer. (Actually 27mph -- I checked with a radar thing the police had set up some time earlier) The speedlimit here is 25mph. I cruising down the street when some foolish idiot runs out of his driveway pointing and screaming "sloooow downnn" All i actually hear was ssss and down, I had my system up and was listening to some tunes.

This guy makes me mad, who does he think he is god of his road? what does he run out at every car he thinks is speeding? Granted my diesel is loud at 3,000 rpms but i dont go yelling at every person I see speeding. Then again that is one F'd up little town. Everyone seems to think they can run everything. Anyone else have any run-ins like that before?

How dare he disrespect a 126! Especially a diesel 126!

Kris

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've found a great solution. Ring his doorbell, and hit whoever answers the door, with a bat. People usually are unhappy after you do that.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
i know! i have a 300d turbo, and i was goin down a road at bout 15 mph, the speed limit was 30 or so, but anyways, i slaped it into neutral and reved it up for my friend that when i passed his house. this guy on the opposite side of the street yells sloooooooow dowwn. yet i was in neutral coasting down the road. so, i turn around and drive up right behind his car, since he is parked off the side of the road. so i pull up behind his car get out of my car and walk right up to him about 2 feet from his face. Im a skinny guy and he was a pretty average guy, a little on the buffer side. so i walk up to him and he kinda gets worried i can see. I tell him i was going 15 mph and i just reved my engine. He was all defensive and saying o, well it looked like you were speeding and blah blah blah. I got back in my car turned around and drove back down the street. Man was i mad, and this whole story is true, i didnt make anything up. People these days!!!![:(!]

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,103 Posts
Almost sounds like you live in Germany.

As they say; "Germany has 80 million police officers".

Not only do they think it is their business to correct you, no matter the offense, but they very frequently call the police to rat on you.

A friend of mine parked his car outside his apartment building, made his way to the front door with a few unsteady steps, next thing you know the police is knocking on his door demanding he do the breathalyzer.

Luckily for him, he was below the limit and the policeman told him that one of his neighbours had seen him and immediately called them to report him for driving under the influence.

Lowest form of life: Snitches.[}:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Well for me, when i go to my country club, i would usually revv my engine. I would use the kick down, and floor my car, making sharp turns and everything. Esp when i get into the carpark. The V8 just roars! and EVERYONE would check my car out. So for me, its just a gesture of my showing how proud i am of my car. However, one thing i have been doing these few dayys, would be to make my tyres skid while accelerating. This is easily achieved, by first stepping on the brake real hard, then depress the accelerator till the car squeaks a tad. Then realease the brake and floor the accelerator. Tyres will skid like mad, and tts when pple think that my car has like 3000nm of torque! hahah

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had trouble with this street before. Buch of a-holes i tell you. think they can control everyone else's business. I mean what will happen if they run into the street to yell at me and they get hit because the run in front of me?? In some sick twisted turn of events i will be sued for vehicluar manslaughter when i didnt even break the law! People are dumb.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Life's to short to worry about what other people think.. If your doing the speed limit, don't worry about it... Stopp stressing about what people think. Your bordering on road rage over someones opinion of your driving abilities.. As long as you don't get pulled over, who cares what other people think or say... I've learned from first hand expereance, opinions are like A-HoLeS, everyones got one... Do what you like, an just drive on by. Smile an Wave at him even...

My thoughts... My opinion.. Ya can take it, an live long. Or not Die and angry old person with your fist in the air over every slight you feel you receave...

·
Registered
2008 S550 designo
396 Posts
/rant on

I'd be willing to bet you're young, have no kids or pets and probably don't own your own home yet. Nothing pisses me off more than to be in my front yard and have some ASS*OLE speed past my house. Yes, even 27 in a 25 is speeding. You're in a residential area - where people have spent great amounts of money to purchase and care for property. You "flooring it" shows disrespect for the property owners. What if a loose pet, or god forbid a child were to run into the road in front of you? Yes, it does not take very long to stop from a slow speed, but you never know. Speed limits are in place for a reason. Studies are done to determine the safest speed for any particular street. Stop signs are in place for a reason also - in this case probably to keep the likes of yourself from attaining a greater speed and possibly causing damage.

Don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of speeding in similar situations, but as I've gotten older (I'm now 35) I've learned a lot about respect for other people's property and the value of lives. Watch the news sometime and see how many kids are hit in school zones and while playing in their neighborhood.

I don't blame the man - he has as much right to tell you to slow down as you do to "floor it" in front of his house.

It's attitudes like yours and others that get within a few feet of people's faces to intimidate them over a driving comment that turn ugly on our streets.

What's the deal with road rage anyway? Why can't people just realize there are bad drivers that will cut you off, not let you in, etc. Do we really need to "teach them a lesson" by shooting and killing them because we are one car behind where we would have been?

/rant off

Trey

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
twalton - 4/23/2005 2:39 AM

/rant on

I'd be willing to bet you're young, have no kids or pets and probably don't own your own home yet. Nothing pisses me off more than to be in my front yard and have some ASS*OLE speed past my house. Yes, even 27 in a 25 is speeding. You're in a residential area - where people have spent great amounts of money to purchase and care for property. You "flooring it" shows disrespect for the property owners. What if a loose pet, or god forbid a child were to run into the road in front of you? Yes, it does not take very long to stop from a slow speed, but you never know. Speed limits are in place for a reason. Studies are done to determine the safest speed for any particular street. Stop signs are in place for a reason also - in this case probably to keep the likes of yourself from attaining a greater speed and possibly causing damage.

Don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of speeding in similar situations, but as I've gotten older (I'm now 35) I've learned a lot about respect for other people's property and the value of lives. Watch the news sometime and see how many kids are hit in school zones and while playing in their neighborhood.

I don't blame the man - he has as much right to tell you to slow down as you do to "floor it" in front of his house.

It's attitudes like yours and others that get within a few feet of people's faces to intimidate them over a driving comment that turn ugly on our streets.

What's the deal with road rage anyway? Why can't people just realize there are bad drivers that will cut you off, not let you in, etc. Do we really need to "teach them a lesson" by shooting and killing them because we are one car behind where we would have been?

/rant off

Trey
I understand where your coming from, its not like i was going to stop get out of my car and beat the guy with a tire iron or anything..even if i did stop i would have been too nervous to move out of my seat. Too scared to anyway. I am just angered with that town, everyone feels that it their duty to tell everyone else how to go about their business. I mean one guy in that town tried to bribe the school with $100,000 to fire a teacher because his daughter wasnt getting an A in the class. Anyway, I do have respect for the man and his home, property etc. Im trying to remember the situation better, i think there was a car that was starting to back out of a driveway, just as i come out of the stop sign, I forced him/her to stop because of my proximity so i dont know if that played a role into that or what. Another friend of mine who notoriously accellerates hard in his Jeep Cherokee has the same problem: people scream at him because they think he is speeding when in fact he is only going 20 yet they think he is speeding b/c of the engine noise.

In less words: people should mind their own business and not try to be a cop. Heck the cops do 35 on everyroad in that town...they are notorious for busting people for ANYTHING! (they stopped a delivery truck b/c it was going down a one way street (one way during 7-3pm) when it wasnt even a law at the time, ther was only a sign in the ground.)

Its always fun to talk about this stuff, somehow...yeah.

-Kris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts