·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've always liked the look of these wheels seen here on ebay:

16x8 Mercedes AMG PENTA By ATS Wheels Rims | eBay

Are these authentic factory or AMG wheels or are they knockoffs? I think I may bid on them at that price after I get a few answers from the seller.

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
Really nice. Good luck, bidding is low right now.

One suggestion. When shopping like this...posting here may increase # of bidders.

·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Don't I know it.

But, MAYBE I am distracting folks away from something else...or I'm just a nice guy...:rolleyes:

No matter, I hope someone gets them.:D

The seller answered my two questions about offset and condition. They are not staggered, all are claimed to be 16x8 but he mentions the ET has been 'polished' off so he does not know the offset. Without knowing the offset I cannot risk the purchase anyway.

Plus, on the Alloy wheels direct site they show new AMG pentas: Front & Rear alloy wheels: 15x7.5" ET42
Wheel part number: AMG B66020050. Not 16 x 8.

And per the seller one of them has an impact on the rim at the lip, so is out of round. If these are magnesium alloy the cost to repair is prohibitive. I suspect these are being sold at this low price with no buy it now due to that disclosed damage and condition of all four wheels. I also presume that since the ET is polished off these have been fixed or reconditioned before. So, although they may be great to cruise around in back and forth to the air pump I probably wont be bidding. But as i said I really like the look of those wheels.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did some more research

I found this past auction on ebay...

AMG PENTA 16x8 GEN II MERCEDES RIMS R107 W126 C107 W201 | eBay

Looks like these are Penta series II wheels and AMG did make them in 16x8 ET 11. Yikes, ET 11 is a definite no go for our 124s.

This link shows a nice description of the wheels if anyone is interested in them.

Best,
Bob

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
he names the cars that would use et 11s, an r107 for example. I don't expect these to fit a 124...

·
Registered
1988 "Zender" 300CE Coupe, 2009 Renault Koleos, 2007 Kia Rio Sport
3,189 Posts
KLOBBR !

Stop that right now !!!! No more eBay shopping ! :D

And your right 126/123 have terrible offset - long way off the 124 ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's alive!

Good to see you back on the boards, Stormy. I have a full cease and desist agreement in hand, so don't you fret.

Best,
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts