Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, someone mentioned a product that works better than Liquid Wrench and/or WD-40 for loosening stuck fasteners. I meant to mark it, but forget; and now I can't find the name.

Does anyone remember the product? TIA!!

·
Registered
2000 G500
290 Posts
AeroKroil

Dutch,

I may have mentioned AeroKroil which usually can be found at any reputable HVAC equipment supplier/wholesaler like Aireco. We use a lot of it in aviation. Despite their claim to only sell to licensed contractors, they've never held up a sale for tools and nongaseous supplies. http://www.aireco.com/

AeroKroil http://www.kanolabs.com/

PB Blaster is decent stuff too. I keep a can around.

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
Twister made by ZEP is great too. Do not get it on your hands for any length of time. ZEP also makes a great Moly spray lube for door brakes. And a teflon based product similar to Triflow. Great products. "Twister" is what I use around the farm for stuck stuff.

-Dai

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

PB Blaster is the name I remember. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
Try kerosene, its the base for most penetrating oils.

3 in 1. is 1 part kero 2 parts machine oil, invented to prevent Spitfire guns seezing/icing up in WW2

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
RE: AeroKroil

aerokroil is what i've got too. Got it randomly at work. Does well though i don't have good comparitive experience. I wear gloves and safety glasses when spraying. I got it on my skin... not good. I used it to loosen rusted up exhaust bolts.

Tri-flow, just to give a fun fact about it for those who use it... doesn't provide any long term lubrication, just short term or for cleaning. For example, it's often used to install bicycle grips because you spray it inside the grips, they slide on easily, and after it dries, it's gone, and they don't move at all.

·
Registered
300GD 500SL 300E
232 Posts
You can get PB blaster at AutoZone or Advanced and it is in a Yellow and White can works good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts