Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a Creader scantool the other day, no codes other than a pending for the EGR... what could i do to prevent it from setting? I was noticing a low idle seemed to slightly wobble the car a tad, not sure if thats related or a symptom of the PO using regular gas and it not being really driven in 3 years, it does it less everyday.

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
994 Posts
Change the EGR vacuum hoses if you haven’t done it in a while. If this is a ‘98-up E320, there are few hoses up front that are easy to get to and a couple that require removing the EGR valve beside the throttle body. Removing the pipe from the MAF to the throttle body isn’t fun.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
994 Posts
While the EGR valve is off the engine, see if there’s soot to remove. My 3 M112s had clean EGR passages. I don’t know what the POs and I do right that Steve Brotherton’s wife does less right.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,372 Posts
Yeah start with the MAP sensor and the MAP hose to the intake. If all looks good, the next step is to replace the EGR valve+ solenoid. The EGR pipe is rarely completely blocked. You can remove and try to clean it but it is a hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts