Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having loud "rumbling" noise coming from my front shocks area for a couple of months now. When I am running on a smooth surface there is no noise but when I hit a bump it seems that the noise is coming from the front shocks. The car runs smooth and seems to take bumps just fine but the noise is pretty annoying. When I spoke to my indy mechanic he thinks it may be the front shocks but wants to do a test drive to see if it might be anything else, he indicated that he remembers a benz with a similar noise and it was something pretty peculiar.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas what the noise may be coming from? THANKS! [8D]

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
lower ball joints are a favorite place to start.. but you have to know how to test them.. car in the air suspended from the chassis jacking points.. a four poster is best.. lift wheel and feel the rubber boot on the top of the joint for movement.. If you can feel it move.. it wants replacing..not expensive.. and quite easy to do if you have the right kit...

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks again merc...i'll pass this on to my guy! [8D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts