Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost let this slip without posting...but Motorweek will air their first drive of the new ML this weekend. Check your local listings for time:

MotorWeek #2432
With Host John Davis
PBS Broadcast Window Begins April 8, 2005

* Road Test: 2006 Lexus Rx400h
* Road Test: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
* Goss' Garage: Pads And Rotors
* FYI: Ice Driving
* Car Keys - First Drives: Mercedes-Benz M-Class, Porsche 911 Cabriolet, Altima SE-R

http://www.pbs.org/mpt/motorweek/

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone see this yet? I did today.

Mostly PR video from MB and PR literature. Not a true "first drive" I'm sure that will come soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw it too. It was pretty fluffy. Their full road test will be more interesting.

There were some comments that it could be the most sophisticated luxury SUV yet. They mentioned the PRE-SAFE system as well as the off-road package.

The video they showed seemed to emphasize the vehicle's strong handling capabilities at speed.

More interesting (to me) was the segment on winter driving BMW 5-series vehicles with xDrive in Finland. The vehicles did have studded snow tires to help, but the performance was impressive.

Also in the episode was Motorweek's road test of the RX400h. Obviously a lot more tinny than an M-class, but an interesting vehicle nonetheless. They claimed that Lexus already has 14,000 pre-orders for the vehicle.

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears that Motorweek will do a "full review" of the ML during the week of May 20, 2005.

Check local listings in the link above.

I'll be in Atlanta for the Road Rally but will record it for later watching. If necessary I'll try to post a .mpg of that show later in the week.

MotorWeek #2438
With Host John Davis
PBS Broadcast Window Begins May 20, 2005

Road Test: 2005 Ford GT/Mustang Gt
Road Test: 2005 Mercedes-Benz ML350
Goss' Garage: Garage Dressups
Two Wheelin: Ural Patrol/Royal Infield Bullet
Long-Term Road Test Update: Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Equinox

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
PBS: Motorweek review of M-Class

AutoSaurus - 5/15/2005 2:40 PM

It appears that Motorweek will do a "full review" of the ML during the week of May 20, 2005.

Check local listings in the link above.

MotorWeek #2438
With Host John Davis
PBS Broadcast Window Begins May 20, 2005

Road Test: 2005 Ford GT/Mustang Gt
Road Test: 2005 Mercedes-Benz ML350
Goss' Garage: Garage Dressups
Two Wheelin: Ural Patrol/Royal Infield Bullet
Long-Term Road Test Update: Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Equinox
I watched it. Not too bad. Very positive overall. They managed a 7.2 sec. 0-60; together with C&D's 7.1 that pretty much confirms the factory spec. of 8.2 is bull (probably to sell more 500s until they get the new engines). The model they tested appeared to be a base 350.

The show did make it sound like the Off Road Pro Package was currently available in the US, which we know is not the case. They also quoted the ML500 weight (4,743) for the 350 (4,623).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts