Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and it's branded as "controversial". We're so, so, so fucked.

TRENDING: Ron Paul reissues claims on American policy and 9/11 – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul reiterated his controversial stance Sunday that some policies of the United States contributed to the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.

Speaking on the CBS program “Face the Nation,” Paul said his views were consistent with analysis from various groups.

“I think there's an influence,” Paul said. “That's exactly what the 9/11 Commission said. That's what the DoD has said. That's also what the CIA has said. That's what a lot of researchers have said.”

Paul said American intervention in foreign nations was a trigger to potential terrorists, who he said were sending the message: “We don’t like American bombs to be falling on our country.”

He cited withdrawing a military base from Saudi Arabia immediately after 9/11 as an indication that U.S. military policy was partly responsible for the actions of terrorists.

Paul has previously said that the military presence in Saudi Arabia was a motivator for terrorists, who were angered by American troops in the Islamic country.

The Texas congressman made clear he did not think America’s form of government and economy were to blame, but rather the specific foreign policies pursued by the United States.

“To deny this I think is very dangerous, but to argue the case that they want to do us harm because we're free and prosperous I think is a very, very dangerous notion because it's not true,” Paul said.

He continued, “You're supposed to be able to criticize your own government without saying you're un-American.”

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Honesty is sacrilege. String him up!

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
7 to 23 and that's the truth. If the Ravens lose their first ever home game on Thanksgiving during the Harbowl, I may actually seek professional assistance in a basement somewhere in Baltimore.

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
7 to 23 and that's the truth. If the Ravens lose their first ever home game on Thanksgiving during the Harbowl, I may actually seek professional assistance in a basement somewhere in Baltimore.

Sometimes subtle is just that.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Speaking of sacrilege

If Thanksgiving isn't steeped in tradition, I don't know what is. The Ravens have no business playing a home game on Thanksgiving Day.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
Like most things, it's more complicated than that.
I'm glad you wrote that.

I also agree with Dr Paul and suggest that to get a really good picture of what brought Bin Laden to his plot was well researched and described in the 9/11 Commission Report. National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States

It is one of the best-written gov reports I've ever seen and abundantly footnoted. The footnotes are often more intriguing than the text.

·
Banned
14,116 Posts
I'm glad you wrote that.

I also agree with Dr Paul and suggest that to get a really good picture of what brought Bin Laden to his plot was well researched and described in the 9/11 Commission Report. National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States

It is one of the best-written gov reports I've ever seen and abundantly footnoted. The footnotes are often more intriguing than the text.
how does the date on that report jive with the date of the bin laden tape explaining why? had they heard the tape, might the report have been different?

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
Bill Maher may be a bit abrasive and not very diplomatic, but essentially he tells the truth.
A limp attempt at a leftwing Limbaugh.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
my guess is that limp hasn't been pointed anywhere but south for a long long time
Congratulations on zeroing-in on a field in which I acknowledge you superiority.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Congratulations on zeroing-in on a field in which I acknowledge you superiority.
Now that is worth;

A snigger at least, did I spell that correctly?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts