Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
1999 E320 Sedan 4wd w210 @115k miles
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so i had replaced my tailight like last week or three because my other was totled from a drunk drive rear ending it i had this same problem after it got hit so i bought a new tail light everything works fine so chose to have my daylight lights on beofre it was gettin dark boom lamp defective i couldnt find it but i noticed the turn signal worked and the lamp on right was working if wiggled it happend on my new replacement aftermarket stopped working i mean the turn signal works i was driving down street But the brake and tailight is not and the lamp message poped on i went to a parking lot and the tailight was on i guess the brake like was not i wiggled it poped on i thought it was the housing so i switched sockets they worked on the driver all sockets .. so now im lost i can easily try to get carparts.com to return item but they take for ever for reply my first and possibly last time plus i got a warrenty its. Ot even 90days or 30 at that the part was nice compared to oem they look the same just oem is a tad but more darker red but at night u cant really tell they blend but im wondering what happend? Can i fix this or am i just better of tryna get carparts.com to ship a new one? But whos to say the new one dont burn out again?

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
btw there is ground i wiggled and light would pop on and off its not the brake light switch im guessing because the third light and the drivers side fully works and the passenger side turn signal works i tried scraping the metal on back not sure wont work would a fuse cause this i tried to check one it was nit blown and i bought new bulbs still no help im womdering if its a w210 problem 1999 not sure 馃く馃あ

W163 and General M Gremlin
btw there is ground i wiggled and light would pop on and off its not the brake light switch im guessing because the third light and the drivers side fully works and the passenger side turn signal works i tried scraping the metal on back not sure wont work would a fuse cause this i tried to check one it was nit blown and i bought new bulbs still no help im womdering if its a w210 problem 1999 not sure 馃く馃あ
===>>> Please update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

Recent thread for your reading pleasure -

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
===>>> Please update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

Recent thread for your reading pleasure -
Just did that thanks and i read that article and non of that which seems to work guess ill just argue with the reps and carparts.com till i get my replacement or refund if the new one dont work im not wasting time ima just toss the car in the back yard Cant afford tail light Ticket or even get stopped by a cop and have to explain im not going to mercedes to get a whole in my pocket and im at a point where if i cant drive it no one will ill part it out before i let someone take this car everything works fine untill this

Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
Make sure you insert the brake bulb into the socket properly, and it is the correct bulb type (7225).

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you insert the brake bulb into the socket properly, and it is the correct bulb type (7225).
Lol Hey i take back what i said on the fourm the guy mentioned a fuse i was to pridefull to think that all you guys thank you so much but my dumbass was to pridefull to rule out the fuse lmao i took the telephone fuse which i never use on fuse number 23 7 fuse basically a extra one i have a aftermarket stereo so i dont use the phone i replace the right lamp and side marker fuse &?? boom it work!! Lol i had to appolgize to carparts.com they were A1 WITH EVERYTHING DID I MENTION the customer service they was gonna ship a knew one out no hassle these forums are a gold mind thank you all i am new and this makes my day you trully are premium members lol my rant is over =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts