Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Passenger side window wont roll down

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ps2cho 
#1 ·
If I press the button I can hear a switch clicking inside the door panel, but there's no sign of movement of budging. No gear moving, just something switching, so I know there's power. What could be the issue and where should I start? Thanks

#2 ·
I would suspect the window regulator has gone on to a better place. You'll need to remove the door panel and give it a visual inspection. Using the search function of the forum, you will find all manner of threads on door panel removal and regulator replacement. Also check out our DIY section. I believe there are links for both.

Good Luck,

Jayare

#5 ·
In my experience, clicking indicates the motor has failed although it still has power.

Remove the door panel and apply 12v using a battery such as a start charger to the connectors to the motor and see if it moves. This will tell you if it is the wiring or the motor.

The rear doors have the motor + regulator as one unit and it is difficult to replace them individually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.