Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an old post about this but no answer. Which wire is the door switch? I have brown wire with blue stripe but it didnt turn off the sills when the door is closed. 2002 430clk

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430, 2001 ML 320
172 Posts
I put my sills in about 2 months ago. There are a number of wires that look alike so you might have tapped into the wrong one. The easiest way to find the right wire is to pull away the interior moulding around the door and find the signal wire that connects to the door switch. It will be brown with the stripe. You can then trace it along the sill and tap into it. I had this problem on the passenger side when I tapped a number of brown wires with blues stripes (there is more than one) and the light would never go out. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I thought about doing that but was trying to avoid taking it apart just for the door sills but I guess I gotta do it.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430, 2001 ML 320
172 Posts
Another method I tried when installing the sills was to hook up to positive lead and then when trying to find the signal wire, I tested all the brown striped wires by making a test connection to both signal wires with a needle. I connected the needle to the signal wire on the sill and then pushed the head of the needle into the wires I thought were the signal wire from the switch. Its alot easier and less invasive than stripping the wrong wire and helped me find the right wire in about 5 minutes. Of course, be careful because you don't want to short something out.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Not sure if this would help but there is a door sill install at the following site
http://www..com/mb_results.asp?model=W208&class=clk-class&category=Illuminated+Door+Sill+Covers

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with moving the side panel, getting to the switch and taping into it there, thanks for the info benzbuddies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts