Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found rainwater in the module in the boot which controls the alarm/flashers etc, this caused the alarm to go off and the flashers to stay on all the time. Dried out the box and carefully cleaned the circuit board and now everything works except the flasher in the passenger side mirror. Could this be a bulb problem and if so how do I get to the bulb or perhaps it`s a fault on the circuit board? Any ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
2006 SLK350
5 Posts
Without knowing what year your car is, it will be a guess for me, but here goes. The repeater lamps in the mirrors are actually at least 4 or possibly more LEDs, which are not that prone to failure. It is highly unlikely that all of these have failed at the same time, and I don't have a schematic for how they are connected to the flasher circuit, but I would suspect a failure on the board. Do you know how the water got into the boot?

·
Registered
SLK 200
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mirror flasher

Thanks for the info - The car is a 2002 SLK 200. the rainwater came into the boot corner and down the wiring loom into the unit. It had been doing it for some time I think. New board perhaps??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts