Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E320 '97 Elegance
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have E320 '97. It has a problem with passenger seat lately.

It seem's has a new stop position for reclining forward, so when i set this seat reclined and back forward, it would reclined forward. The switch is ok because i can reclined back and forward to new stop position that it has inveted

luckily I have memory stored, so I can get reclined it right position.

I try all the method hold the switch forward and back to reset the seat, but it seem it's doesn't help...:crybaby2:

any suggestion?

·
Registered
1999 E300 Turbodiesel
463 Posts
I am assuming that you have tried to reset the seat, but unsuccessfully--------that being the case, try clearing the memory for the seat that has an issue.

If that does not work there must be an issue(fault) with one of the six elements in the system that moves the seat------to find the culprit typically necessitates a body code scan via the 38pin connector---not your mammy yo cum diagnostics guy, but a shop with good MB diagnostics.

Happy seating.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I am not clear which part of the seat you are talking about but it shouldn't matter. Whether it is the seat back or the seat bottom this might work.

Maybe you are not holding the switch long enough when you push it back and forward in order to clear the settings?

Try this: push the switch forward until the seat is all the way forward then hold for 2-3 seconds. Then push it to go all the way backward and hold it for 2-3 seconds.

I think this will re-set the factory stop positions in both directions.

·
Registered
E320 '97 Elegance
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not clear which part of the seat you are talking about but it shouldn't matter. Whether it is the seat back or the seat bottom this might work.

Maybe you are not holding the switch long enough when you push it back and forward in order to clear the settings?

Try this: push the switch forward until the seat is all the way forward then hold for 2-3 seconds. Then push it to go all the way backward and hold it for 2-3 seconds.

I think this will re-set the factory stop positions in both directions.
let me explain more.... all the part seat for bottom & up, move forward & back, headrest up & down work perfectly. but for reclining forward & back has a new stop position for reclining forward (it doesn't reclining forward enough, just in the middle). I already try push all the way forward & back for all button, hold for 2-3 seconds, Not solved. :(

Luckily I have memory for seat, so if I need reclining forward, I just press memory button.

Is there any solution?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Did you check the sticky threads at the top of these W210 pages?

Maybe we are back to the suggestion by jhby. Take the car to a shop that has a scanner that will hook up to the 38-pin diagnostic port under the hood. That is a body code scan as he defined it.

·
Registered
E320 '97 Elegance
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just found the solution....yihaaa...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1532153-passenger-seat-cannot-come-back-up.html#post4432486

Thanks and credit to guo_timmy...

here procedure how to reset eletric reclining seat's stop position:

1.) Recline the chair DOWN all the way (flat position) and keep the recline button held down, in that direction, for an extra 5 seconds.
Don't interrupt the process, keep the button held down until you'll hear "click" sound from the switch. It's mean's you reset the stop position for flat position.
Note: you must do in quiet environment to hear "click" sound

reclining from the upright stop to the flat stop without interruption (until hear "click" sound) allows the motor to count revolutions from flat position, so you can restore stop point for upright position.

2.) Recline the chair UP all the way (upright position) and keep the recline button held down, in that direction, for an extra 5 seconds.

Voila! you already reset reclining stop position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts