Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side rearview mirror droops after I set it to the correct adjustment. Does anyone know what the problem might. Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
The passenger side rearview mirror droops after I set it to the correct adjustment. Does anyone know what the problem might. Thanks folks!
There's a friction fitting inside the mirror on my car - I have to remove the mirror from the car to see it - that can be tightened down with a screw, same as the visors. Before you take them off, order new rubber mirror boots from the dealer and install them at the same time.

The mount screws for the mirror are behind the chrome triangle on the inside of the door. Be careful pulling it off, or you'll break the mounting legs.

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Scott sounds like a good tightening and refitting with new boots will settle it. I figure if I have the thing I might as well be able to use it. This is one of those issues I'll vow to fix than forget about it. This mirror has drooped for as long as I've driven the car.

Thank you again, I'll have to get some picture for future reference of other members.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,212 Posts
I also found that on my passenger side mirror, the glass was not properly seated to the mechanism. I pulled the glass out, saw how the internal mechanisms worked, then snapped the glass back into its proper place. It has worked fine since. Sorry I didn't take pictures.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
32,206 Posts
Just stick a match pack in there daryn.
Probably one under one of the seats.

You need pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts