Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C230
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, it didn't exactly fall off....a couple of hawks were having dangerous sex as they flew in front of me and I nailed one of them with the passenger mirror. I swear, this kind of thing could only happen to me! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thankfully the mirror just popped out and was still hanging on by the electrical wires when I stopped. I was trying to get it back on but I'm not exactly sure how it is supposed to connect. Do I need to take the entire side mirror housing off of the door, or does the mirror just snap in somehow?

This is a 2004 C230 by the way, but I assume the mirror attachment is probably similar to most years in this range.

·
Registered
2004 C230
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rudeney, that was exactly what I was looking for!

I have another issue now though; the mirror housing is now sticking out with a large gap between the mirror housing and the door. It doesn't look like anything is broken on the mirror housing, so I am assuming this is just some flexibility feature to prevent the mirror from breaking off in a minor collision, but I don't know how to push it back in.

I haven't really messed with it a lot lately, is there some sort of trick to pop the mirror housing back in?

Here's the mirror gap:

Here's the other mirror that is flush with the car:

(BTW, sorry the car is so dirty...the camera seems to have better vision than I do!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.