Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 clk55
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated in the title my passenger power seat doesn't work at all, down, forward, backward, backrest, headrest, memory function nothing works at all. Replaced the switch in the driver door and still doesn't work.i needed the switch anyway but before I throw any more parts at this thing anybody have an idea of what it could be? Aren't the 2 other things that operate the seat the door control module and the seat module?
Thanks guys

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,169 Posts
Does the headrest lower if you manually fold the seat forward? If not, then the seat controller has no power or is bad. If it does, then at least that works so it may be the door controller. Do all the other door functions work, such as the lock and window?

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,370 Posts
Seat motors do fail, but not all of them together..:) Some folks have had success by 'resetting' the Seat Adjustment control unit modules (N32/1 or N32/2) by removing/replacing the relevant fuse. (date dependent)

For US (LHD) models:

Driver's side: N32/1
Up to 31/05/04 - fuse f27. As of 01/06/04 - fuse f29.

Passenger side: N32/2
Up to 31/05/04 - fuse f38. As of 01/06/04 - fuse f34.

·
Registered
2003 clk55
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the headrest lower if you manually fold the seat forward? If not, then the seat controller has no power or is bad. If it does, then at least that works so it may be the door controller. Do all the other door functions work, such as the lock and window?
No it doesn't. Window and lock function work. So I guess it's the door control module?

Seat motors do fail, but not all of them together..:) Some folks have had success by 'resetting' the Seat Adjustment control unit modules (N32/1 or N32/2) by removing/replacing the relevant fuse. (date dependent)

For US (LHD) models:

Driver's side: N32/1
Up to 31/05/04 - fuse f27. As of 01/06/04 - fuse f29.

Passenger side: N32/2
Up to 31/05/04 - fuse f38. As of 01/06/04 - fuse f34.
If it's inside the car I have removed it withno luck.

Thanks guys the 2 guys I was hoping would help lol

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,370 Posts
No it doesn't. Window and lock function work. So I guess it's the door control module?
No I don't think so.

From my notes:

N32/2 Right front seat adj control module (+ memory)

inputs: signals from right seat adjustment switch group ( S92/2)
outputs: signals to right seat adjustment motors ( M28 m1 to m5),
height & backrest release microswitches (S92/3 & 4)

N32/2 is located under the right seat (*corrected)

N69/2 Right door control module

outputs
Right front power window motor (M10/4)
Right elec. adj. & heated outside mirror (M21/2)
Right outside mirror turn signal lamp (E6/6)
Right door CL motor (M14/5)
Right door entrance/exit lamp (E17/4)
All instrument lights connected to N69/2
inputs
Right front window switch

N69/2 is located on the right door behind the covers.

·
Registered
2003 clk55
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I don't think so.

From my notes:

N32/2 Right front seat adj control module (+ memory)

inputs: signals from right seat adjustment switch group ( S92/2)
outputs: signals to right seat adjustment motors ( M28 m1 to m5),
height & backrest release microswitches (S92/3 & 4)

N32/2 is located on the right door behind the covers.

N69/2 Right door control module

outputs
Right front power window motor (M10/4)
Right elec. adj. & heated outside mirror (M21/2)
Right outside mirror turn signal lamp (E6/6)
Right door CL motor (M14/5)
Right door entrance/exit lamp (E17/4)
All instrument lights connected to N69/2
inputs
Right front window switch

N69/2 is located on the right door behind the covers.
I'm confused so it is the seat controller under the seat? Or your saying another controller?

·
Registered
2003 clk55
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And if it is the controller under the seat can it be removed with the seat in the car? Because I can't access the front 2 bolts to remove the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,370 Posts
I'm confused so it is the seat controller under the seat? Or your saying another controller?
My apology here.

The front seat adjustment control modules (N32/1, N32/2) are located under the relevant seats.

·
Registered
2003 clk55
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My apology here.

The front seat adjustment control modules (N32/1, N32/2) are located under the relevant seats.
I cannot believe this, well you were right where the problem was, after 15+ times of disconnecting and reconnecting the harness for the module under the seat it decided to work today after I tried it!! Unbelievable!!
Anyways thanks guys now onto the passenger seat warmer, lumbar controls and the passenger airbag sensor :grin

·
Registered
3 Posts
guys, I have a similar problem. I have a 2013 GL350. My battery died and I need to replace it, but the passenger seat doesn't work along with passenger window. I checked all fuses and they look good.

What could be wrong? Please help, I have to jump start the car daily and its a mess!!

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,643 Posts
I think the priority should be to fit a new battery,,,
Then see if the seat works or not...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts