Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
1998 C230
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the passenger side power seat, and below the seat is a wiring harness with about 8 wires going into a connector.
I have tried to disconnect the connector, and I have slid the connector locking clip and then tried to pull off the plug. For some reason, it won;t budge.
I tried to use pliers on the connector block (gently) and tried to wiggle it a bit, but it still won;t come off?
Any suggestions

W163 and General Mercedes Gremlin
I am trying to remove the passenger side power seat, and below the seat is a wiring harness with about 8 wires going into a connector.
I have tried to disconnect the connector, and I have slid the connector locking clip and then tried to pull off the plug. For some reason, it won;t budge.
I tried to use pliers on the connector block (gently) and tried to wiggle it a bit, but it still won;t come off?
Any suggestions
This should hopefully assist you.
Goto min.2:10

Registered
1998 C230
Discussion Starter #3
Again, you have come through with flying colors. The problem was the slide. I was moving it in the opposite direction,
Logic was telling me that it should have been extended away from the connector, not pushed up against the connector.
Based on that, I will get at it in the morning.
Thanks again for your help.
PS: After 6 months I finally redid my headliner. That will be a weekend job. It came out about 98%...Only flaw was there should have been a little more glue in the sun visor cavity.
I doubt I will even notice, once the sun visor are in place.

W163 and General Mercedes Gremlin
(y)
Clean up and seat repairs/upgrade?
Keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts