Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1974 450SL
223 Posts
Looks like Performance Products got a name change:

PP is reputable, although sometimes pricier than others.

·
Registered
1983 300 SD, 1991 420 SEL, 1979 300SD
536 Posts
i like the diagrams they have, some of their prices have come down, but i still mostly buy from autohaus

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,090 Posts
I've found that it really depends on the importance of the part to be replaced. Certain items need to be as close to the original to get the performance and reliability benefits.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
I was looking at their suspension parts and I didn't get a good sense they were genuine MB parts so I went with parts.com. I would be selective if I were ordering.

I ordered carpet mats from them (Lloyds I believe) and the quality wasn't even close to the original MB matts.

Agree on the diagrams. Very handy.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
The only reason I wouldn't buy from them is they imply that everything is mercedes brand, but don't list the actual maker. It's important for most parts on these cars that they be OEM or a very reputable company. Way too much crap out there.

·
Registered
1989 300SE
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Needed a fuel pressure regulator. Ordered it from autohausaz before I found Eckler's online. Even with overnight shipping I still saved $100 from Autohause. Just wondering what everyone else thought.

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
Recently placed an order. Three weeks later I followed up online, the order was still "processing." Called to inquire and they said the item was back ordered from Germany. Will ship in November. :/ Not even a curtesy email.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Recently placed an order. Three weeks later I followed up online, the order was still "processing." Called to inquire and they said the item was back ordered from Germany. Will ship in November. :/ Not even a curtesy email.
Pretty ridiculous. That right there is enough for me to never buy anything from them unless absolutely necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts