Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts wanted:
Anyone have a line on a left and right front pair of the non-AMG/Sport fender flares? I know they fit 1998-2001. I’m not sure if they were changed or still offered after the 2002 facelift. Color is unimportant, I’ll be refinishing them anyway. I pulled the rear pair, and what was left of the front pair, from a 99 ML320 in a junkyard this afternoon. Both front fenders had been hit, and the front flares were shattered. I grabbed the busted front flares to provide some replacement hardware.

I’m also still looking for the front right (passenger) mud flap. I have an extra rear pair, and an extra front left flap, if anyone has one and wants to barter.

Finally, I’m looking for a facelift-style light grey console armrest / compartment lid. The taller style with the small storage compartment that can fold up with the lid. I’m not worried about the condition of the foam, if the vinyl is in good shape. I don’t think I’ve seen one of those kids where the foam isn’t separating. I have an idea to fix it. I wouldn’t mind finding a whole light grey facelift console, but shipping would be a bear. For some reason every facelift ML that shows up anywhere near me either has a tan or dark grey/black interior.

Available parts:
Dark grey/black third row seatbelts and the mounting brackets for the seats that go inside the quarter trim panels. One of the seat belts has a very slight abrasion/fray along one edge. I’ll leave it up to the buyer to decide if it’s an issue that needs to be repaired or not. I can get photos of the seat belts without much trouble, but the brackets are at my storage unit.

Towing kit, minus the hitch receiver. I didn’t have the right tools with me on my mini road trip to get the big bolts out, and it had a locking hitch pin stuck in it anyway. What I have are the hard-to-find parts: the frame reinforcement brackets and hardware (the two “U” brackets, the two big angle brackets, the four flanged cylinders, and the eight bolts/nuts) and the wiring harness with 7-pin socket and bracket. One of the “U” shaped pieces that goes through the rear frame rail had some rust flaking at the tip of one of the cylinders, but there is still plenty of meat on it. I’d drop them in an abrasive blast cabinet or some Evaporust and repaint before installation, but they’re generally in nice shape and the bolts didn’t give me much trouble coming out. Pick up a factory or aftermarket receiver from eBay or the like, and you’ll be all set to start towing. If requested, I can print off and include a copy of the TSB regarding modification of the wiring harness to add a trailer brake controller.

That’s all I can think of for the moment. If I run across anything else, I’ll add it later.

·
Registered
2005 ML 350 W163
1 Posts
Parts wanted:
Anyone have a line on a left and right front pair of the non-AMG/Sport fender flares? I know they fit 1998-2001. I’m not sure if they were changed or still offered after the 2002 facelift. Color is unimportant, I’ll be refinishing them anyway. I pulled the rear pair, and what was left of the front pair, from a 99 ML320 in a junkyard this afternoon. Both front fenders had been hit, and the front flares were shattered. I grabbed the busted front flares to provide some replacement hardware.

I’m also still looking for the front right (passenger) mud flap. I have an extra rear pair, and an extra front left flap, if anyone has one and wants to barter.

Finally, I’m looking for a facelift-style light grey console armrest / compartment lid. The taller style with the small storage compartment that can fold up with the lid. I’m not worried about the condition of the foam, if the vinyl is in good shape. I don’t think I’ve seen one of those kids where the foam isn’t separating. I have an idea to fix it. I wouldn’t mind finding a whole light grey facelift console, but shipping would be a bear. For some reason every facelift ML that shows up anywhere near me either has a tan or dark grey/black interior.

Available parts:
Dark grey/black third row seatbelts and the mounting brackets for the seats that go inside the quarter trim panels. One of the seat belts has a very slight abrasion/fray along one edge. I’ll leave it up to the buyer to decide if it’s an issue that needs to be repaired or not. I can get photos of the seat belts without much trouble, but the brackets are at my storage unit.

Towing kit, minus the hitch receiver. I didn’t have the right tools with me on my mini road trip to get the big bolts out, and it had a locking hitch pin stuck in it anyway. What I have are the hard-to-find parts: the frame reinforcement brackets and hardware (the two “U” brackets, the two big angle brackets, the four flanged cylinders, and the eight bolts/nuts) and the wiring harness with 7-pin socket and bracket. One of the “U” shaped pieces that goes through the rear frame rail had some rust flaking at the tip of one of the cylinders, but there is still plenty of meat on it. I’d drop them in an abrasive blast cabinet or some Evaporust and repaint before installation, but they’re generally in nice shape and the bolts didn’t give me much trouble coming out. Pick up a factory or aftermarket receiver from eBay or the like, and you’ll be all set to start towing. If requested, I can print off and include a copy of the TSB regarding modification of the wiring harness to add a trailer brake controller.

That’s all I can think of for the moment. If I run across anything else, I’ll add it later.
How much would you want for the towing kit shipped to 11433?

·
Registered
1998 ML320
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I was going to be able to drop in here today to say that I was no longer looking for fender flares. I was at my favorite local yard yesterday looking for an upgraded steering wheel for my 2010 GMC (after 150k miles, the crappy plastic steering wheel with no audio controls finally drove me to replace it). After realizing that I didn't have the right Torx bit with me to undo the compatible SUV steering wheels, I wandered over to the import SUVs before leaving. To my surprise, one row had been cleaned out and only a few new vehicles were set out in it...one of them being a 1999 ML430 with fender flares and the towing kit. I went back this morning and got soaked in the rain pulling the flares, the tow kit (complete this time, including the receiver), and some other bits like the engine cover, fan shroud, and 150A alternator. When I got to the front driver's side flare, it had a couple of screws run through it and no sign of the usual mounting tabs. Apparently that flare was damaged at some point and replaced with an AMG/Sport flare. Now I have two pairs of non-AMG/Sport rear flares, one non-AMG/Sport front right flare...and one black AMG/Sport front left flare that's in pretty nice shape other than two small screw holes that need to be filed in, that's available for sale or trade, I guess.

My now-complete available tow kit is pending sale.

That front left AMG/Sport flare is available. Shipping might be a headache.

Third row seatbelts still available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts