Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 500SL, 1988 SEC
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Two things dealing with ownership. First if anyone wants I will send them an updated spreadsheet. I am not going to post it because I mainly want people to see the part numbers and approximate cost of each part in one data sheet.

Second, a while ago I saw an old thread where you could write Mercedes in Stuttgart and get records on your specific car. I already had the data plate but wanted to confirm some other things. Well I sent them a letter and here is the response I got. So it seems like another avenue is NLA. Good luck. Also I do have PDF's of some Monroney window stickers, and if you have the information on your own car would can easily insert it into this. I attached a copy of what one would look like. Again, I am not doing these, I just would send you one you can edit. There are slight differences in the years. Whoops, won't let me post it, file too big

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,234 Posts
june 2017 for like 5000

you all have seen what its become...

·
Registered
1985 MB 500sel (Euro)
211 Posts
Thanks to Stutz for starting this thread and to Pete and 1783pictures for reviving it. Clearly there is a wide range of overall costs that vary with age,mileage,previous owner, etc , but most importantly how much you enjoy the car. A lot of costs are just routine maintenance and parts are excessive if you want MB. I seem to be at the higher end of the scale, but it is also a daily driver. Bottom line, I wouldn't change it and "she who must be obeyed" won't let me. Am just coming off a major "refresh" which I will post as soon as I get it.
Bummer that the data card is NLA and certainly not for $150. I sent my letter off to Stuttgart yesterday for $1.20. Guess I will let it lapse:rolleyes: when I get the reply.

Stutz; please send update sheet to PM or better to [email protected]

·
Registered
1985 MB 500sel (Euro)
211 Posts
P.S. and I forgot the obvious.....costs correlate directly with how much you can do for yourself. and I am at the wrong end of that spectrum :cry::censored:

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,154 Posts
P.S. and I forgot the obvious.....costs correlate directly with how much you can do for yourself. and I am at the wrong end of that spectrum :cry::censored:
Me too, lol!! It's fine. Pick a decent example and it's going to be okay. I just spent $105 having a diff mount installed. The part was $145 shipped from MBclassic.

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus
3 Posts
Hey, man. Thank you so much for creating this thread, I am sure that it's going to be useful for a lot of people. You must know everything about cars, right ? Could you please help me with my problem ? My car battery is empty right now, and I don't know what to do. I can't buy a new one right now, and I need to start the car somehow. Could you please tell me how to jump start a car ? I don't have any experience in that area, and I would really appreciate if you will help me with that.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts