Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1990 560 SEC, 1986 560 SL, 1946 Hudson Commodore Club Coupe
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a consensus as to the "best' source of parts?

·
Premium Member
1986 420SEL/1995 E300D/4 BMW’s/2 Vanagon’s
1,026 Posts
Lately, I have been a fan of parts.com. MB parts are very good prices.

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,597 Posts
it depends where you are, what you are after and the currency rate of exchange at the time.

I have sourced parts from here (Australia), the US, New Zealand, the UK, Germany and Hong Kong - all dependent on what I needed and where had it and at a good price.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Everybody seems to have their own fave parts supplier. For me, the most important thing is consistency in service, fast delivery, and most importantly, good customer service, especially when returns are necessary.

That being said, I don't really have a fave supplier..lol. :D

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
what about ebay? I have rarely had a bad experience on ebay, and I shop there a lot!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG Mod'd
1,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 BMW R1100RT, 05 MB C230, 07 Silverado CC Z71, 10 Chevy Tahoe LT
5,787 Posts
+1 for AutohausAZ and one for RMEuropean.

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes-Benz CL500
665 Posts
We are of course bias here, but with good reason.

Go with www.autopartsway.com. We have access to more warehouses than anyone else, giving you faster delivery times. Also we offer a full warranty on every product sold (many sites do not offer you anything after the initial return period), and our pricing is always either the lowest or close to it. Our live chat customer service is quick to answer anything you need and we make returns easy.

As for auto parts in Canada, use our Canadian site www.autopartsway.ca. We have more parts on our site than any other Canadian supplier and Canadian warehouses. We just opened up 3 more warehouses in Canada, so shipping is again always quick and free on orders over $75. Compare our Canadian pricing. You will not find any other Canadian site with better pricing.

·
Registered
2000 SLK230-LE
375 Posts
I use a couple..whichever has cheapest price for the parts I need...

Importechparts...and Importechautoparts....parts.com...plus the occasional ebay purchase..

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes-Benz CL500
665 Posts
Just checked 3 parts on Importechautoparts. We had lower prices on 2 of those parts, on the 3rd part, we were higher by 28 cents.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
cheap prices are great, but who's products are you selling??

Does the person who reviews each order have an intimate knowledge of Mercedes, what they typically need, what pitfalls one might encounter, what one should be doing along with the jobs they already plan to tackle..?

That's where Gary and Ron come in...personal, knowledgeable service.

Jonathan

·
Registered
2000 SLK230-LE
375 Posts
Just checked 3 parts on Importechautoparts. We had lower prices on 2 of those parts, on the 3rd part, we were higher by 28 cents.
You do beat prices by a noticeable amount. Will have to keep that in mind...

Checked the rear shocks for a 420SEL, and it does not clearly differentiate if it is Bilstein Comfort or Heavy Duty..

Also, can I recommend somehow showing the original Mercedes part numbers? I like to make a list in Excel showing part numbers and price from different sites if I have a good sized order.

·
Registered
1988 560 sel,2011honda pilot 4wd ,08 gti the baby,91 190 2.6(sold) NA 95 volvo 855T wagonTurbo (DD)
245 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes-Benz CL500
665 Posts
You do beat prices by a noticeable amount. Will have to keep that in mind...

Checked the rear shocks for a 420SEL, and it does not clearly differentiate if it is Bilstein Comfort or Heavy Duty..

Also, can I recommend somehow showing the original Mercedes part numbers? I like to make a list in Excel showing part numbers and price from different sites if I have a good sized order.
I know there was some issue about showing original dealer parts, not sure if it was with MB or just with some other makes, but there was some issue where sites are not legally allowed to do so, I believe. So we keep them in our database only as a cross-reference. If you put in an original Mercedes part number, it will cross reference and show you our internal part numbers instead. Not perfect, but for some reason, and I am not 100% sure, but believe it was some legal reasons, original dealer part numbers cannot be displayed on websites, and websites that do are in violation of that. Again, don't take this 100% as I am not 100% sure.

Will find out if anyone is curious.

·
Premium Member
87 Euro500HVSEC. 88 Euro 560HVSEC. 89 Euro 560HVSEL
4,216 Posts
We are of course bias here, but with good reason.

Go with www.autopartsway.com. We have access to more warehouses than anyone else, giving you faster delivery times. Also we offer a full warranty on every product sold (many sites do not offer you anything after the initial return period), and our pricing is always either the lowest or close to it. Our live chat customer service is quick to answer anything you need and we make returns easy.
Interesting
Do you ship to Australia and if so who do you use for shipping.
Autohausz stings us on shipping cost to Aust.

Best shipper for reasonable freight cost is USPS express

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes-Benz CL500
665 Posts
We do and we use USPS, but our shipping costs out of the US and Canada are not very good. Just being honest here. The reason is that we use a re-shipping company to ship to foreign countries. So our warehouse ships the parts to the re-shipping company using UPS, then the re-shipping company re-ships the part to abroad, charging us USPS postage plus 20%. So basically we have actual shipping, plus 20% plus the UPS shipping originally that is added to the shipping cost.

We still end up shipping a lot of orders each day to foreign countries and people state that the cost of the parts is good, or they can't get anyone else to ship abroad, but just saying that the shipping cost we quote you on this is not what USPS would quote you directly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts