Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for reputable and reasonable places to find parts, interior and exterior as well as mechanical for my 75 MB 450 SL in the Los Angeles area. Appreciate any good leads you may have.
Thanks.
Shawn

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
You could try Sun Valley Mercedes or just hit the junkyards. R107 cars are not unusual at the junkyards. That or ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
If looking for used bits, the Pick-A-Part in Monrovia has surprised me with their stocks of old Mercedes.
Monrovia is good, but small. I certainly see a 107 there from time to time. It really depends on what part you are looking for. And early 107 (did you say it was a 1975?) is more difficult than late 107... If you post a wish list in this thread I might be able to provide feedback as to which parts are realistic to find and which parts are not, based on my EXTENSIVE scouring of junkyards for the last several years...

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Scoot, I have a thread going but just in case, I am trying to upgrade the front brakes and need guidance on how to proceed.
I'm no help on how to upgrade brakes. If you know what doner car you need, I _am_ helpful on that. You might be able to use EPC to figure out what else is common between cars. For instance, if you want to upgrade the brakes from a 1980 107, you can look at your car and a later car in EPC and see what parts are different, and which parts interchange with sedans, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts