Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being a newbe to the 107 car as I have only restored 3 w126 coupes. My new to me 1975 450sl US spec needs some old brittle connectors replaced. does anyone know were to order these or the part number? they are the little white ones that plug into the air cleaner, and other little items see pics below.

as for the short it is as soon as I turn the key on the number 8 fuse blows, I do not even have to crank the engine. just turn the key on. see pic below to see what fuse 8 covers,

connector pic
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

fuse cover pic for fuse 8 that blows
[/URL][/IMG]

any help is appreciated

but at this point I am ready to strip the car pull the engine and trans and do full restoration, new paint, complete front end rebuild, engine freshen up, replace all old brittle wiring and more.

K

· Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys I did find some of the little white connecters and ordered a few. I will keep you in mind cushjbc for harness parts as I dig deeper into this car. Just sitting working out the plan on how to attack the short in the system. Has to be a bad ground or bare wire to pop the fuse as soon as the key is kicked on. must be in the emissions that as the car is in cold start mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.