Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986? Mercedes-Benz 260E
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something simular to what I have for my Jeep, it's a Parts list. Esscentially it is a book or CD that shows pictures (exploded views and such) of every part for my car including the part number for each. It's very simular to what a Mercedes Benz service shop would use to aquire the part numbers so that they can be ordered. Is there reference material like this that can be purchased or is there a resource somewhere where I can look it up myself?

If not, can someone tell me what all I need to order to fix my moonroof? It appears that the "cable" is missing/broke. So far I have discovered that i need to pull down the entire headliner and remove the moonroof just so that i can see exactly what parts I need to order- kinda didn't want to do that until I have tracked down all the parts first.

·
Registered
"Gretchen" my 1986 300E 286000 km+ (RIP) August 2015
1,092 Posts
Go up to the DIY section and sign up for the free EPC. It will allow you to look up/ find almost all the parts for your car. Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found the link to the EPC system in the DIY sticky list but how do you get it free for one year? When I go to the link, you can sign up for it but it costs $75/year....

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,298 Posts
There are EPC clones aplenty all over the Net. They don't cost anything....you just plug in your VIN and scroll to the diagram section you need.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1993 300CE Cabriolet (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (son's)
7,031 Posts
I found the link to the EPC system in the DIY sticky list but how do you get it free for one year? When I go to the link, you can sign up for it but it costs $75/year....
EPC is no longer free, but its still quite worthwhile.

I find the 'real' one is more reliable and useful than any of the free ones I've tried.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,298 Posts
The irony is that when it was free, I donated to it every yr out of gratitude/guilt.....most people didn't.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts