Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so let me introduce myself. I'm19 and i have been driving my 560SEC for about a year as i got it from my dad for my High School graduation present. Right now i have without a doubt the best car in College.

Anyway I have a 86 SEC(american) and i want to know would a 560 SEl fender and a corner light(euro or american car) fit on my car?

Also i have found HID bulb for the foglight but i'm not sure if they make it for the headlight, anyone knows if they do and where i can get them? If i do get a HID bulb do i need anything else or all i need to do is replace the orginal bulb. And if anyone has it does it look good with the oringal headlight seeing as it has alot of texture on it.

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,242 Posts
Lights

ARIZA said:
I'm new here so let me introduce myself. I'm19 and i have been driving my 560SEC for about a year as i got it from my dad for my High School graduation present. Right now i have without a doubt the best car in College.

Anyway I have a 86 SEC(american) and i want to know would a 560 SEl fender and a corner light(euro or american car) fit on my car?

Also i have found HID bulb for the foglight but i'm not sure if they make it for the headlight, anyone knows if they do and where i can get them? If i do get a HID bulb do i need anything else or all i need to do is replace the orginal bulb. And if anyone has it does it look good with the oringal headlight seeing as it has alot of texture on it.
SEL corner lights will not fit a coupe. Fender lights (euro side markers) require modification to US fenders.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
As 48hp states, the front quarterpanel (fender) on the SE/L won't fit the SEC, nor are the cornerlamps exchageable.

The bumpers are exchangeable, but you the chrome top plate is different (to fit the different grilles) and the SE/L bumper won't have the cut-outs for the fog lamps.

Regarding the fog lamps and HID.

The first thing you should do is to put a set of Euro headlamps on your car. It will be the best safety/appearance upgrade you can do to your car.
Put a set of 80/100 Watt H4 halogen bulbs in your Euros and you'll find that further upgrading to a true HID system will be cumbersome and costly for a marginal difference.

Lots of vendors carry "HID Look" bulbs, which are nothing but short-lifetime bulbs with a blue coating on the glass. They actually emit less light than standard bulbs, but because they have a bluish tint, some are fooled into believing they are more powerful. At 3x the price and 1/4 the lifespan of normal bulbs they are very poor value.

Some members on this forum have done the full conversion to HID which requires a modification to the housing, new wiring harness and installing ballasts. Again, I think you are better off getting a set of Euros instead.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man, i was looking on ebay but i guess i cant use SEL stuff. I need a fender and a corner light because this girl at school hit my PARKED car, she was trying to park next to me with her huge explorer. I got an estimate of $800 and she paid me but i'm looking to get some used parts to save some money to use else where for the car. Any good websites to order some parts for a good price?

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,242 Posts
Corner Lights

ARIZA said:
man, i was looking on ebay but i guess i cant use SEL stuff. I need a fender and a corner light because this girl at school hit my PARKED car, she was trying to park next to me with her huge explorer. I got an estimate of $800 and she paid me but i'm looking to get some used parts to save some money to use else where for the car. Any good websites to order some parts for a good price?

Couple of sources for aftermarket lights:

http://www.importvision.com/

or

http://search.stores.ebay.com/EUROL...sooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ141650495QQsofpZ0

or OEM Bosch:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...y, Trim & Lighting&[email protected] Signal Light

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Sorry, but if she has paid you for the parts you priced up then you ought to buy those as you priced, not looking to make a profit out of a mishap.

And SEL/SE front fenders are one inch shorter than SEC front wings.

SEC fenders are gold dust - if you find a mint used pair on the cheap you will be very lucky. Either they will be rusted near the fender lights or very expensive.

$800 is enough to buy good used or even new and have painted. Turn signals are cheap on ebay or even brand new - and again they need to come from an SEC.

talbir

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the help guys but one quick thing. I'm planing to get clear corner lights. Does anyone have pix of them along side regular american headlight. WHen ever i see clear ones i only see them with euro headlight and they look great with them but i'm trying to get an idea on how they will look like with the american headlight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts