Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I have a 2000 E55 that's my fair weather car. I I have a a/c dash challenge to do in the future but the more pressing issue is a damaged front bumper cover. Any one have a spare?? When I was on the Landcruiser mailing list we had a couple Toyota dealers that sold us parts at 25% off list. Does this forum have an affiliation with any dealers for discounted parts.
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
I don't intend to be flippant here - but the bumper "cov er" is one thing, and replacing impact strips, and trim is another.

I would suggest you get a MB Certified shop to quote you what is required to get the job done - have them quote the parts at MSRP, then start from there and shop either best OE price, available aftermarket replacements, and used part prices as well.

I have seen "full" bumpers including all in repairable condition go for $1200-$1400 + respray cost - I have seen "skins" for bumper cover only aftermarket in the $200 range primered.

Knowing the part #'s of what you need is a big help.

For discount OE body parts - you can research parts.com, which is where the Landcruiser forum should have been directing their members to in the 1st place.

Again, trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
246 Posts
Where are you located? I can get you a bumper cover... only problem is shipping a bumper cover would be expensive I'm sure if you aren't local.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey fabbrisd1,
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the difference between bumper cover and complete (including trim strips, grills, clips, etch..).

Parts.com is a great tip. The land cruiser mailing lists/forums I've been on have always had choices for after market parts but it was comforting to know if you wanted a genuine toyota part we had a couple dealers who would sell you anything Toyota at 25% off list. I was just hoping that there might be a Mercedes dealer that did the same. I've heard the local Mercedes dealer here adds a surcharge to the list price for location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts