Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 S430 Parts car (East Coast)

All this West Coast parts car talk made me feel left out so... I bought a 2001 S430 Silver/Gray today. I'll be taking much of the interior (Seats, carpets, misc trim pieces) but the rest is up for grabs. I'll put it in the classifieds section as soon as I get some pics. It has 40K on it and looks like it was a pampered 40k. If anyone wants the motor, tranny, or any exterior parts please let me know. I won't be greedy on the pricing but nothing ridiculous either. I'd much rather sell to you guys than Ebay or CL.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I might be interested in a few parts. I'd like to come see it since i am not too far from you. Let me know if that is possible.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure. It would be nice to compare notes on our cars. The parts car is being shipped and should be here later this week/weekend. Bug me on Monday and we'll set something up.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Does this car have the light grey interior? If so I need the center console armrest, do you have it? I really need one! Also could use the two plastic pieces that go over the carpet/door sil on the driver side. Front and back. Thanks!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Does this car have the light grey interior? If so I need the center console armrest, do you have it? I really need one! Also could use the two plastic pieces that go over the carpet/door sil on the driver side. Front and back. Thanks!!
Chris, I just replaced all 4 of the sill pieces that you are talking about. The OEM ones are only $29 each at parts.com. They really complete the interior when all nice and new! They come on and off easily too.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Chris, I just replaced all 4 of the sill pieces that you are talking about. The OEM ones are only $29 each at parts.com. They really complete the interior when all nice and new! They come on and off easily too.
Wow! Thanks! I'll have to check that out, yeah the driver sides are easy but they're all broken.. I can't get the pass. sides off for the life of me, which is probably why the drivers sides are they way they are..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought one of those body panel wedge packages from Harbor Freight and it makes such a difference when taking things off. I haven't broken a single connector after I got the kit. It includes 4 different wedge type removal tools made of plastic.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nice, will put that on my HF list..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was listed as flood title but I agree, it looks very good. The interior pics look almost new and it only has 40k. I pick the car up tomorrow so I'll know more then.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Does it have the light grey interior? Can I buy the center console armrest? Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It does, but mine is trashed as well so I'm hoping to use this one for my car.

Any progress on your sunrtoof issues? To open mine I have to push the switch about 10 times. Like it's binding or the switch is going bad. I hope the reset idea works but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It does, but mine is trashed as well so I'm hoping to use this one for my car.

Any progress on your sunrtoof issues? To open mine I have to push the switch about 10 times. Like it's binding or the switch is going bad. I hope the reset idea works but I'm not holding my breath.
Oh yes, glad you reminded me. I tried yesterday. I held it up for 5 seconds and problem solved! I couldn't believe it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yes, glad you reminded me. I tried yesterday. I held it up for 5 seconds and problem solved! I couldn't believe it!
Great news. I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight. It would be nice to check something off my list.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is the grille in good shape? No pitting or scratches?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is the grille in good shape? No pitting or scratches?
It looks great in the pics but I don't pick the car up until tomorrow. I'll let you know once I see it in person. Anything else? I'd like to find a buyer for the engine and tranny. S430 motor/tranny with only 40k.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts