Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forum, been around Mercedes for awhile now, but have no clue what I currently have on my hands.

It's a wrecked 1996 c220. Interior is nice, wood trim all intact, power everything works perfectly. The damage to the car is all in the front end. Pushed in the radiator, condensor, broke both the electric fan and the clutch fan.

Long story short I got it running today. A few vacuum lines had broken on the front of the motor (into and out of vacuum transducer? next to the variable cam piston).

So basically I'm trying to part out a running c220. I have absolutely no clue what sells / breaks on these particular benz's so any help would be appreciated. My main question is whether I should try to ebay the motor for super cheap. This is literally the first "220" I've seen.

Thanks alot, glad to be part of benzworld.

Dama

·
Registered
1995 C280 (165K mi)
1,602 Posts
First, let's start with a better picture and more pictures.

Second, tell us more about the car, miles, history, location, etc.

Third, more pictures.

Pretty much everything will sell. There is a specific thread on this forum for sales.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, let's start with a better picture and more pictures.

Second, tell us more about the car, miles, history, location, etc.

Third, more pictures.

Pretty much everything will sell. There is a specific thread on this forum for sales.
- 139,000 miles

- Located in Tampa, Florida

My neighbor used to own the car. He rear ended someone about 5 months ago driving through downtown Tampa. I charged up the battery today and made sure all of the electronics worked like the climate control module (i was only able to make sure the blower motor was coming on, couldn't test if it was blowing cold air for obvious reasons), the radio is asking for a code just haven't found the card yet (might have to call MB), power seats work, all four window motors/regulators are good, master window switch in center console works perfectly, both electric sideviews work perfectly, the instrument cluster is all good except for the backlighting for the time of day, and the motor purrs like a kitten. he told me the trans shifted fine before the car accident but i'm going to test it out this weekend around up the street to make sure.

Pretty much, if the motor/trans is worth anything or even somewhat sought after I will end up pulling it this weekend and posting on eBay and benzworld. I'm not trying to make a fortune here. Everything is going cheap as long as it justifies my time and effort.

FRONT = BRIDGESTONE POTENZA'S 195/65/R15
REAR = MICHELINS 195/65/R15

·
Registered
2 Posts
If tan interior, i could use:

-headrest from one of the front seats
-center console lid and hinge
-steering wheel (dont need the horn/airbag assembly)
-door seals

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,836 Posts
That's funny I have one just like it with less miles. I bought it to do an engine and transmission transplant in a 1969 250C

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those who have already PM'd me:

I'm trying to get everything out and ready to go. reminder that i'm only doing paypal and you are responsible for shipping costs.

If you need parts, now is the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1997 C280 (Cambria).
521 Posts
For those who have already PM'd me:

I'm trying to get everything out and ready to go. reminder that i'm only doing paypal and you are responsible for shipping costs.

If you need parts, now is the time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill take the cup holder off your hands! Also, if the entire roof is intact, Ill take that too! I REALLY need it.

What Im talking about is the headliner. The whole thing. I ripped mine out cuz it was already falling apart. I need the entire thing, that is if you can take it out without damaging it :/ . And also if that car had a sunroof. And if it does have a sunroof, Id need the sliding cover thing too. If its not in bad shape, mine was total junk.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
damn you beat me to the cup holder :( lol. i just saw that today. unfortunately the cup holders arent too great for holding large drinks... but at least they look cool when they pop out lol. :D

·
Registered
1997 C280 (Cambria).
521 Posts
damn you beat me to the cup holder :( lol. i just saw that today. unfortunately the cup holders arent too great for holding large drinks... but at least they look cool when they pop out lol. :D

Well they have to be better than not having it. I use that empty space now and its just awkward to have the cup at an angle. Im actually trying to find some sort aftermarket cup holder that I can mount somewhere that wont be in the way and that will actually work. Doubt Ill have much luck though.

It just amazes me that germans dont drink in their cars haha. I mean even the stock cup holder is rather useless, and theres only one right? Who thought of that?

Not as bad as my towncar though. A full size luxury american car that came with NO cup holders. An American car with no cup holders? So unamerican if you ask me!

But Im really trying to return my car to stock mint condition. Gonna take alot of work. And every little bit helps. Dont think Ill ever sell it though, I have gotten quite attached to it and for the 2 years Iv owned it its been like a brand new car every mile of the way!

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,800 Posts
Are the rear speaker covers in the rear shelf good meaning not cracked? I could use both of those. Also need both rear sill plate covers. Also top compartment in my center console is bad, could use that also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts