Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently inherited my Dad's 1962 220seb. I will be in need of some parts during this restoral project as time progresses. At the moment, I have yet to make a list of specific parts other then to mention there will be some interior, exterior and chassis parts.

Looking ahead - There are obvious differences between the 220se and 220seb. I am curious if there may be any manuals, CD's or DVD's which may provide information on the various parts which are interchangeable between the two cars.

As an example: I recently did a general search on eBay for "220se seals" and "220seb seals" to see what eBay has to offer. The results were 445 items for the 220se and 4 for the 220seb. This search data reflects that very little is interchangeable between the cars OR the details for the items listed on eBay do not reflect accurate information. Perhaps...some of these seals are interchangeable for both vehicles, but the seller only lists information for one model.

Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
Best bet to start is contacting MB classic in Irvine California. Ask for Jon. He is an excellent resource for information.

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
A 220SE is a Ponton model, the previous body style from the 50's, and is the W180, and the 220SEb is the later body Fintail model. The 220SEb came out in 1959 and was produced until 1965. There were 2 door models as well that were made until 1972.

Is yours a 2 door or 4 door?

The chassis number, stamped on the middle forepart of the left side frame rail under the intake manifold, will tell all.

It will start with 111, the chassis type, then three more numbers that are the model, then 2 numbers for for left or right hand drive, and the a chassis sequence number.

What's yours? Please post a pic or more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WBain

The car is a 2 door coupe. I towed the car home Saturday and am currently away from home for two weeks. When I return, I will search for the chassis# and provide other pictures. My Dad began a partial restoral 25 years ago and never finished it. If the attached image arrives AOK on website...replaced body parts are black primered.

I thank you for the info!!

Attachments

·
Registered
64' 220SEc, 72' 300SEL 6.3, lots of parts
512 Posts
Please tell use where you are located,
I just may have parts you need
Or a complete 220SEb for mechanical parts.
I have the same project rolling along (slowly)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts