Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,750 Posts
Personally, these are nutso prices IMO. Here in Europe, I know of several cabrios being broken up for parts at normal used MB breaker yard pricing including a E320 Sportline cabrio that had a E36 conversion (brown metallic paint, brown top, and dark brown leather orthopedic seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know how part 1248214051 is installed. mine was so badly broken that I couldn't tell and I haven't yet tracked down a shop manual. Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks...this has wracked me for months. I'll get the part ordered and see what happens. out of curiosity...will this part cause roll bars not to retract or is there something else wrong as well.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
well, its got 3 switches on it, S84/7, the little 'trigger', is activated when the bow lift cylinder is all the way up, which means the bow is all the way down. S84/3 is activated when the top is fully open and stowed in the storage compartment. S84/4 is activated when the top is all the way up.

I believe the roll bars will only go up or down if the top is EITHER fully up and locked, or fully down and stowed... the roll bars have to be retracted to put the top up or down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do u still have parts for the emerald green e320 1995, cabriolet. I'm interested in interior trim parts like the rear view mirror and assembly? I assume the interior of the car is beige.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Most of the trim plastic was already cracked or broken. What was left has been pretty much sold. I have one quarter panel left and rear back seat cushions are mint without scars or stress. Even the tonneau leather is sweet. I also have the carpet set left which is very nice... not worn or frayedbut could stand a thorough drycleaning. the molded foam padding is still intact.

Also have a very clean and reusable headliner, frame weather seals et cetera, with all the still working hydraulics cylinders.

·
W124 Moderator
12,601 Posts
I'm looking for that part 124.821.40.51 is it in good shape and how much is also need rear carpet is in good shape
Skylark

You're asking questions in a 2 yr old thread. The OP hasn't posted in a long time. Good luck

Jayare

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts