Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parting out a complete, smooth running and driving, 116k miles, emerald green, beige interior, rust-free & un-hit, E320 Cabriolet(WDBEA66E1SC275448). Even AC still blows cold! Had blown hydraulic top cylinder and bad driver's rear quarter window regulator. Sustained typical used car abused from previous owner(s) who couldn't afford her.

I bought it for needed parts for a ’93 E320 AMG/Sportline Cabriolet. Whatever is on this car I don't need, is for sale.

Em, text or call with your questions, needs and/or part numbers and I will get back with availability and quote. I will ship to USA & Canada Only! No other International shipping. Be sure of the part and it's number you need as all Sales are Final! Please don't dream of expecting my quoted prices will be competitive with WalMarts. If you believe they should be, then you shouldn't be driving or restoring a Mercedes!

W124 coupes and cabriolets - particularly even the most basic variant - are still quite common, yet can easily cost far more to restore than their value; thus, please consider committing to a restoration because of your passion for these last classic, hand-crafted masterpieces and not because of your pocketbook!

This is an original delivered Georgia E320 Cabriolet, bought in Tennessee a little over 2 weeks ago, and now in Redondo Beach, CA. 15 minutes from LAX. All prices include "free" shipping and handling?!

Rick: 4-two-four, 210, zero zero 8 four, or em at; coronacattlecollectiblesco - at - g mail(dot) com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
email sent :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
still parting out this car?

the left hand bow lift cylinder, there's a microswitch above it thats engaged when the bow cylinder is fully extended. the mounting for this microswitch is cracked and I'm going to have to replace it or fabricate something ... this is under the left little flappy cover. I'll try and take a picture tomorrow. I'm R&R'ing my cylinders right now and ideally would like to replace this switch before I button it all back up..

I can't find any of these parts in the EPC.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, I know of the switch. Removed and bagged it day before yesterday. I can have the part number for you this afternoon to verify. But, there's no confusing it with anything as theres nothing else around it like it. Btw, The "flaps" attached to the quarter panel trim are available and $475. apiece. The Switch as well at $125.

I'll send you mine for 60. USD

424-210-0084

"nothing's more expensive than a cheap Mercedes." - Alfred Hitchcock

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking for 2 parts for my cab--an ignition coil cover (the cover in the center/top of the engine) in good condition and the black plastic bow that mounts below the rear window on the inside--the bow at the bottom of the top below the rear window --

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I'm looking for 2 parts for my cab--an ignition coil cover (the cover in the center/top of the engine) in good condition and the black plastic bow that mounts below the rear window on the inside--the bow at the bottom of the top below the rear window --
good luckj with that bow. unobtanium part from the othership, and AFAIK, they are *ALL* cracked.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yes, I know of the switch. Removed and bagged it day before yesterday. I can have the part number for you this afternoon to verify. But, there's no confusing it with anything as theres nothing else around it like it. Btw, The "flaps" attached to the quarter panel trim are available and $475. apiece. The Switch as well at $125.

I'll send you mine for 60. USD
ah, ECS has the switch new for $100 (pn 1248214051), now that I've extracted it from the car, its a rather fragile assembly of three switches, I'm thinking new will be less brittle than a pull, so I've ordered it from them.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
ah, ECS has the switch new for $100 (pn 1248214051), now that I've extracted it from the car, its a rather fragile assembly of three switches, I'm thinking new will be less brittle than a pull, so I've ordered it from them.
Well, OP did say...
Please don't dream of expecting my quoted prices will be competitive with WalMarts. If you believe they should be, then you shouldn't be driving or restoring a Mercedes!
:p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Considering how often 300ce or E320 cabs are parted out, I'd rather save the extra ones I have on this parts car as they are near priceless to me instead of inevitably paying far more than the $475. MB is asking for them now. One day soon enough they'll be gone entirely... then even $475. will seemed cheap. I learned this when I used to buy sell and restore Hemis back in the 80's when parts were still obtainable without bothering with junk repops. Another five years when all the original MB cab parts are gone everyone will be paying more than $475. for cheap repops from China - if MB even allows CHina to repop any part!?

Here's an example; the black reveal moulding along the bottom of the Soft top. They're available... But they only come when one buys the complete soft top frame assembly for... $18,000. The moulding is NOT available alone!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again - 1995 MERCEDES-BENZ E320 CONV

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Contact Directly:

coronacattlecollectibles(at)geemail(d0t)cum

4two4-2ten-zero,zero 8 four (No! This isn't french)

Parting out a complete, smooth running and driving, 116k miles, emerald green, beige interior, rust-free & un-hit, E320 Cabriolet. Even AC still blows cold! Had blown hydraulic top cylinder and bad driver's rear quarter window regulator. She has sustained typical used car abused from previous owner(s); who despite good intentions, couldn't afford her.

I bought it for needed parts for a ’93 E320 AMG/Sportline Cabriolet. Whatever is on this car I don't need, is for sale. So, Em, text or call with questions, availability and/or part numbers. I will get back with availability and quote. I ship only to US & Canada! All quote prices include "free" shipping and handling?!

If you expect quoted prices competitive with WalMart then you’ve never learned the first rule of owning a Benz… “There’s nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes!”

This is an original southern car, delivered in Georgia, brought to Tennessee and shipped to CA little over 2 weeks ago. Again… Be sure of the part and it's number needed, as all Sales are Final!

NOTE: There is already a deposit on bare chassis after the car is completely dismantled.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
If you expect quoted prices competitive with WalMart then you’ve never learned the first rule of owning a Benz… “There’s nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes!”
I don't think I've ever seen used W124 parts at Wal-Mart..

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
You need to wait until they are not available anymore anywhere in world to part that car at those prices. There was a guy parting cabriolet close to my home and was asking outrageous money for small things. Guess what after one year and relisting on craigslist I still see car sitting outside his house.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
The "flaps" attached to the quarter panel trim are available and $475. apiece.
Hmm, I recently acquired a perfect left and right pair of quarter panel trim pieces with flaps for $75 each.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
the brushed chrome caps at the back of the rear windows that lift up when the top extends and fold down over it when the top in the storage bay under the tonneau cover.

lower right on this pic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts