Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1983 500SEC
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm parting this car out. 1983 euro 500 SEC 150K miles. Runs and is complete. Black/Black car. It just sat in the sun for too many years and is too far gone to restore imo. Besides the usual stuff on a 500 SEC, other unique parts are:
Recaro Classic buckets in front. Then need new leather.
Nardi three spoke wood rim steeering wheel assembly
Lorinser rims 8" and 10"s . They need refinished but they are huge!! Seems like they should go on a wide body!

All interior leather is dried out and/or cracked. But other parts good. Dash is cracked.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983-2007 MB's
8,015 Posts
Location Colorado? I think there's some people out there who are adept at resurrecting a "lost cause" AMG:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1337305-would-you-pay-500-euro-500sec.html

Pics of the seats/engine?

P.S. This car pictured, I gave away to my brother. He is putting in an rebuilt solid-lifter AMG 117.961, but we don't keep in touch much these days, so I think the car sits in the garage awaiting a true w126 hand. Maybe one day I'll bring it back and finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
those wheels are nice.. im interested in the steering wheel though. considering it is an AMG one, got pics and a price?

·
Registered
1983 500SEC
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm parting this car out. 1983 euro 500 SEC 150K miles. Runs and is complete. Black/Black car. It just sat in the sun for too many years and is too far gone to restore imo. Besides the usual stuff on a 500 SEC, other unique parts are:
Recaro Classic buckets in front. Then need new leather.
Nardi three spoke wood rim steeering wheel assembly
Lorinser rims 8" and 10"s . They need refinished but they are huge!! Seems like they should go on a wide body!

All interior leather is dried out and/or cracked. But other parts good. Dash is cracked.

More pics. Rims are genuine Lorinser 8x16 and 10x16 and notice 10" are on the front (for some reason) in the pics. Nardi is gold plated and gold is wearing out. Seat heaters and electrics work.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
And the board starts to salivate
If you were in NZ Id be all over those wheels
10 inch rears Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 89 Posts