Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1978 240D sedan, blue, 4-cyl, manual (parting) and 1990 300TE 4matic wagon, automatic, with A/C
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is my daily driver in Victoria BC but I'm starting to part it.

Light blue exterior. Light (biscuit?) interior. Only thing sold is radio.

What else? Manual windows, no A/C. I prefer to part it so that I can still drive it for the next four days, if possible.

Let me know if you need anything. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Do you happen to know the interior color code? VIN? I might be interested in the window crank "inserts" as well as some other items.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbodiesel 212K or so, it doesn't work anymore :-)
216 Posts
i am interested in the driver's side headlight assembly. I only need the plastic headlight door, but if you prefer i would purchase the entire assembly.

·
Registered
1978 240D sedan, blue, 4-cyl, manual (parting) and 1990 300TE 4matic wagon, automatic, with A/C
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some photos for people who asked

Dash, hubcaps, interior color I still don't know name or code for.

This thing also has: brand new radiator, brand new master cylinder, brand new (like 200 km ago) front brakes - pads, rotors, calipers, wear sensors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1977 Mercedes 300D and 240D and 1986 420 SEL
275 Posts
Are the front seats available and will you ship?
Thanks
Bev

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front seats

PM sent just now (holidays...). Thanks for waiting!

·
Registered
'83 300DT 423,000+ mi
26 Posts
Parts...

...I'd be interested in would be the top of the dash (if not cracked or damaged), speedometer head, blower motor and wood on the console.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can send pics of most of those

Can you PM me with your ideas of prices for each of these, and I can send pics of what's visible? I have all those items at this point. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 240D, 83 300D Manual 4spd
37 Posts
I'm looking for a clutch/brake pedal assembly (along with master cylinder) as well as the shifter knob assembly down to the linkages (don't need the rods going to the transmission).

Let me know if these are still available and what you would want for them.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still have that

Yes, I still have that. Could you email me at brycefinley at gmail? I can't seem to PM you. Anyhow, car has a new master cylinder from a few months back, pedal assembly yes, and shifter yes. We can talk about it on email further. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Four years after beginning on it (I have been living in Germany the last three), I am going home to Canada in a few days (Aug. 22) to PART THIS CAR, among other things. The first time around, I quickly sold the radio, the hubcaps, the dash blower vents, the shift mechanism, the wood from the dash, and a few other little bits. People have asked about the larger bits but I am unsure how best to ship them (heavy is okay, but long parts have never been possible to ship via the post office). This summer, I hope to find out how to ship the long things, but I can't say I will. If you have a chance to come to my area, that would certainly help. But other than that, I am very close to the USA-Canada border; I just need to learn how to take things across the border and do the paperwork.

I will be at the car Aug. 24 to approx. Sept. 1, and then I have to shut down this project again. So if you need something (especially something that can easily be mailed!) please do contact me as soon as possible, and send a price idea, please. You probably know the prices better than I do (this is my only Mercedes now; I have sold my wagon and am looking for another one...).

The car is near Victoria, B.C., Canada, and Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts