Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there..now its time for my merc to have a service..when i bought the car the dealer told me to run with shell helix part syntetic oil..now when im going to my work shop here in northen sweden the mekanic wants to put fully syntetic valvoline oil in it!!

is it better for the engine with more mineral based oil or what???

and by the way is it any special oil to put in the automatic or can i trust the mekanic to know?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,466 Posts
It shouldn't matter at all. I'll go with the full synthetic. I caled up MBUSA

sometime last summer and asked them a similar question - I wanted to know what oil is used at the factory when these cars (FSS equiped only) are made. I was told (and I'm not sure this applies to MB autos worldwide) that with respect to FSS vehicles, AMG cars and trucks are factory filled with full synthetic oils. Subsequent oil changes, of course, use full synthetics. On the other hand, non AMG models come with a mixed blend and subsequent oil changes use a fully synthetic oil. I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,466 Posts
It shouldn't matter at all. I'll go with the full synthetic. I caled up MBUSA

sometime last summer and asked them a similar question - I wanted to know what oil is used at the factory when these cars (FSS equiped only) are made. I was told (and I'm not sure this applies to MB autos worldwide) that with respect to FSS vehicles, AMG cars and trucks are factory filled with full synthetic oils. Subsequent oil changes, of course, use full synthetics. On the other hand, non AMG models come with a mixed blend and subsequent oil changes use a fully synthetic oil. I hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts