Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I have seen them somewhere but cannot seem to find them now.
I have removed the headlight wipers and believe the trim and seal underneath the headlight can be purchased without the wiper holes in them.Could someone help with the part numbers for these on both sides and do they fit all years?
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,660 Posts
the trim and seal underneath the headlight can be purchased without the wiper holes in them.Could someone help with the part numbers for these on both sides and do they fit all years?
Take a look at the image located at 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500sl Front lamps - Parts.com and I believe the you are looking for the following p/n's.

p/n A1298260777 LEFT ORNAMENTAL COVER
p/n A1298260877 RIGHT ORNAMENTAL COVER

p/n A1298260980 LEFT LIGHTING UNIT SEAL
p/n A1298261080 RIGHT LIGHTING UNIT SEAL

·
Registered
266 Posts
No Holes Barred

Poundy, Phil Here. Please find photo of my head lamp wiper removal results.
I have utilized the original lower trim pieces, I plugged the 1/4 in. wiper hole using a small piece of plastic, I used JB weld to fill the hole and repaint the trim to match the SL. The project came out purrrrrrfect

Happy Holidays

1992 Sweet 500 SL Phil Justice

Attachments

·
Banned
8,660 Posts
Thanks lynns, but I think those part numbers are for the wiper models.

I did a google and came up with 1298260677 & 1298260577 The seals are the same.
Your probably right because when I went to the Russian Parts Site there were two sets of numbers to choose from so I did my best after checking with parts.com.

When your satisfied that your numbers work will you please come back and confirm?

Note: don't forget that you can always confirm with your MB parts counter.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your probably right because when I went to the Russian Parts Site there were two sets of numbers to choose from so I did my best after checking with parts.com.

When your satisfied that your numbers work will you please come back and confirm?

Note: don't forget that you can always confirm with your MB parts counter.

RMEuropean list 1298260577 & 1298260677 for vehicles without Headlight Wipers. So I would imagine the part numbers are correct.

RM are out of stock at present so I will do what Albert and Phil did, fill and respray.

Thanks for the help and advice guys

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know if your part numbers are the ones without the wiper holes but,
Parts.com has them in stock for $36.60

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did the trims as per aam & phils advice. The guy at the paint shop matched the 745 code (Brilliant Silver) and supplied it in a Aerosol Pack how cools that it saved me the hassle of setting up and cleaning out my spray gun for such a small job.:D

Before and after pics:D

Attachments

·
Greek God of the R129
8,365 Posts
Only you and us, will know that there was a hole...... Haha.

Good job. :)

Regards,
aam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts