Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK-55
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is okay to post or not, but I found a bunch of images of this part manual from when I had my old '99 CLK-430. I converted them into a .pdf to make it easier to navigate. I'm not sure if the numbers for the '02 MY would be any different.

It might be wise to right-click and do a 'Save Target As...' instead of opening it in a browser.

http://65.221.33.176/CLK/CLK 1998-2001.pdf

If anyone thinks this is not okay to post, please let me know, and I'll take it down. Otherwise, it may be helpful to someone!

·
Registered
2001 CLK-55
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. It actually may have saved me a ton of cash today.

I took my car to the dealer, it was making a bad knock when going over bumps. I inspected the suspension and brakes and noticed it was missing the two sleeves that go over the caliper pins on the front driver's side. I told them this yesterday, and after 3 hours, they managed to replace the wrong part. I took it back today, made a slight fuss, and told them to do it right this time.

They said the only way to get the sleeves is to order the whole caliper....they wanted $1,200.00 for a new one, ordered from Germany. I freaked for a bit, then referred to this handy manual, and found the part number. They looked it up, and they're $2.54 each.

I'm still not positive it's the right number:
210 992 00 20
Can anyone confirm that? They're rubber sleeves that go over the caliper pins and in the holes of the calipers. The dealer said their description was 'centering sleeve', which sounds right.

·
Registered
1998 CLK200
19 Posts
[:D] Funny thing.. LOL

just out of curiosity i looked at my brake calipers today to see what you were talking about exactly and surprise... the front passenger side caliper had the same problem , that sleeve was missing too. i`ll have to order that too now , even i never had problems and didn`t heard any strange sound. i think i must thank you again now because i looked at the caliper on your behalf .. [:)]

i don`t know if that is the correct part number because it`s a little difficult for me to search in that pdf , i don`t speak english so good to read all the technical terms in english. i`ll go to MB and order that , hope they won`t tell me to get the whole caliper even they use to [:(!]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts