Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 84 190e well after trying to find out why my dash lights werent working and buying a new instrument cluster i had to unscrew a 10mm( looked like almost a hydrauilic fluid female adapter.. well anyways i followed it from the back of my instrument cluster which you screw in .. through the firewll and into another coupling female end to the bottom right side of the oil filter housing .. i turned on my car and it seemed to have shot out hydraulic fluid now the stem broke off and it is in the firewall somewhere becuse i had to recut it because there was a crack in it Any guesses where i can find this part or just the fitting that goes back into my instrument cluster...
it is right next to the speedo cable an left side of it...

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have a 84 190e

the cluster that i was replacing on my 84 was not the same as the one i had gotten off sleaze bay mine had a .. i dont know what to call it a 10mm male bolt on the left side of the speedo cable into the instrument cluster which screws in to the back of some sort of sensor inside my cluster..well to make a long story short it had a hard brittle hose on the inside and a rubber hose wrapped over it and it goes through the firewall to the right hand bottom of the oil filter housing where it is connected by a female fitting.. do you know what this rubber cable is called i lost the adapter on the end in my firewall trying to feed it through it had some sort of hydraulic fluid on it that goes to a stem shaped like aweld wire tip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts