Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

For those who had been following up on my horrible experience with my ordering of the SLK, I would like to give you an update...

I went to the dealership yesterday (Sunday) and sat with the sales manager, the salesperson who had completely screwed up my order, and myself. I explained to the sales manager what had happened from the very beginning I stepped in to the dealership two months ago until what I had been told last Friday. Basically everything the salesperson had told me were lies. My order had never been placed and it was no where to be found. The salesperson just stood next to the manager with no words to say. At one point he was trying to put the blame on his former sales manager who had left the dealership for giving him the false information. The manager was very pleasant and basically agreed to what I've said and actually was surprised that this salesperson could do something like that on a customer. He was trying to locate a similar car that I ordered either in the western part of the U.S. or on the ship, unfortunately there's nothing similar to the one I'd order (diamond silver/red interior, comfort package, sport suspension, 6-disc CD changer, lighting package). He then showed me what they have at their lot and there is only one that I think was acceptable (caspian blue/black interior, comfort, lighting, premium, wood trim, entertainment package). The MSRP is around $54,000. He offered me at $50K plus tax and lic. as a compensation for the whole ordeal I had to go through. If I don't choose this one, I have to wait for the next earliest production which will be sometime in April which means that I won't get my car until May or June. Honestly I already had 2 consecutive sleepness nights over the weekend just because of all of these. So I finally agreed on taking this caspian blue at the end as I think the $4,300 discount had pretty much justified for what I had suffered.

Now I'm with anxious anticipation to pick up my car in 2 days. Here in California it's been raining so bad lately and according to the weather forecast, we'll finally see the sun again on Wednesday, so that might be a perfect time to pick up my baby.

I'll try to post some pics as soon as I've picked it up!

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
RE: Part 3 (Problem Resolved): Need Help ASAP from People Already Received their R171s

You've got a little too much drama in your life for me.

Why didn't you just say "F" the dealer and go to another or order over the phone?[?]

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
RE: Part 3 (Problem Resolved): Need Help ASAP from People Already Received their R171s

Sounds like a really good deal. You're gonna love it! Looks like you have most of the good options. You'll be happy and the Caspian Blue is very pretty.

Enjoy!!

Roberta[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts

Will you be happy with the car?. Only you can make that judgement. If it were me, I don't know. I don't compromise easily especially on a $50,000+ item.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts

Purin 313:
If I were in your position, I would check with other dealers in the area...I can think of a half dozen in the bay area. I actually dealt with three different ones on my car and two were out to lunch, one resting on a backup that I would take it when I could get it here (although I wanted Euro delivery), a second with a sales manager that outright lied and said they wouldn't do Euro delivery for at least a year, and finally a third that that accomodated me and was good to deal with. PM me if you want details, but don't give up unless you are happy with what you are getting...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts

Ditto the above. I am head over hills for the iridium silver and don't think I would have been happy with anything else even at a discount. But then again, I would not want to wait another 3-4 months. I still think you might be able to find a Diamond Silver with most of the options you want (except for the red interior) at another dealer.

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
136 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've the exact same car you ordered and I love the color combo. My suggestion for you is to take a look at one Diamond Silver and compare sensations with the ones produced by the Caspian Blue. If you don't feel excited, I would wait and place another order with a different dealer. I know, it is a pain in the rear but as someone pointed, it is a 50K purchase and you don't want to have that feeling that something is wrong with the car. Good luck !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts