Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

First I would like to thank those who had gave me very helpful information/feedback on my previous thread on my problem.

I finally decided to step in at the dealership to give a sudden visit to the salesperson. Obviously he was surprised and I demanded an answer. First he still BS-itting, asking me to leave a fax number and he would fax me the information as to the status I requested. I told him that why not you gave me the answer right away as he was right in front of me. To make long story short, he finally admitted that he screwed up my order and it was still in queue with no estimated production date. Obviously I was totally upset and asked him for a solution. He said his manager was not there today and so I told him I would come again tomorrow and meet with him and his manager. So for now the appointment is set for tomorrow...

Since my order got totally screwed up and in fact some of the options I requested was missing and basically a new order has to be sent in, I would defnitely want to fight for more discounts as compensation.

Can anyone who has already got their R171 let me know how big of a discount you were able to get? In that case I would be able to figure out a reasonable price to offer to the manager.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
Not really sure if this will help you, because you may have transportation already, but I was given free use of an A-Class (wow!!!) for two months whilst my new order was processed. This saved me €1100 in rental charges.

In addition (but probably only because it was December, a notoriously poor time for car sales) I got them to agree to the same 5% discount that their next door rivals were offering. This saved me in the region of €3000+. So my delay saved me over €4000 in total.

Hope you get some more useful replies!

Scott

·
Registered
SLK 350
378 Posts
When I found out that the information I was told about my UK order was wrong.

My car came in late October, and I was was told early Sept.

All I managed to get out of them was a set of AMG bonnet fins.

My advice is to try and get as much as you can from the start. You can always bring your demands down, but it is harder to make them larger.

Go for it....You are a customer and have the right to. Remember, the customer is always right. (or so they say)

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Mistakes happen but the fact that he wasn't honest with you would make me want to go to another dealership. Suggest that when the car that you originally ordered arrives, you'll take it as a loaner until your correct car arrives. I doubt that they will agree but who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts