Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 E350, Sport, P2
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece just got a '08 CLK350 with NAV but no MHI prewire for Bluetooth. The dealer directed me to a local shop to add the BT. My E350 has the factory BT setup, I want her car to have the OEM look and feel-- no add on screens or stuff hung on the dash etc.

The shop quoted me to install a Parrot system (not sure of model #) which they say will work just like factory thru Command/NAV and be compatible with her BB Curve.

I've looked through the forums and haven't seen much really good or bad about Parrot, any "gotchas" with these systems or caveats? Do they really work and look like a factory install??

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Parrot is a pretty well known car hand sfree product brand but I'm not familiar with their US offering. I could not find any kit that would do the OEM like features on an MB.

They seem to have the CAN bus interface for steering wheel buttons. Perhaps the shop was referring to this. But it would not be even close to the OEM integration with the car. Better to figure out which exact product are they suggesting or wait until experts familiar with Parrot would help you.

The OEM approach is unfortunately a bit expensive, you can familiarize yourself with the topic by browsing through the sticky from Skylaw at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mark, it will not be like factory. At the most what you can achieve with a Parrot kit in this car is automatic mute and call sound through two front speakers. They could also install the steering wheel control module. All together with labor it would probably cost you $500 - $600 or so, depending if the stereo system is a Harman Kardon.

If you do want to have a fuller OEM feel and functionality, there are two ways to go:

1. If the car does have an MHI connector in the armrest (see all the qualifiers here) you can get a factory Mercedes puck or ViseeO MB-2. Depending on your choice you are looking at $300 - $500, giving you factory mics, radio keypad, caller ID in the instrument cluster, call lists, phonebook access in the COMAND, etc. Of course, functionality always depends on the cell phone with any device.

2. If the car does not have MHI, the way to proceed is with a fully integrated product from mObridge/Cartronics or Nav-TV. Higher cost (up to a $1K unless you install it yourself) and factory mic is not used, but the rest is similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts