Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rather upset that parktronic is not avaiable on US C-class cars. And that it is a special order on the E-class. BMW has it as straight up options on their cars and the owners seem to swear by it.<p>Am I the only one who would like this option? And has anyone found a way of ordering it?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: I am rather upset that parktronic is not avaiable on US C-class cars. And that it is a special order on the E-class. BMW has it as straight up options on their cars and the owners seem to swear by it.<p>Am I the only one who would like this option? And has anyone found a way of ordering it?<p><p>This post is from South Africa<br>I went to place an order for a C320 when I was told that it was not available as an option here despite the fact that the first batch will have it as the release model. no explanation from MB itself but the dealer thinks that it will become an option soon once initial production demand slows down and will probably be coupled to a price increase to justify that increase or to stimulate demand from people like us.<br>you could always do what I did and order a BMW 330i living without parktronic/pdc is not an option for me<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: : I am rather upset that parktronic is not avaiable on US C-class cars. And that it is a special order on the E-class. BMW has it as straight up options on their cars and the owners seem to swear by it.<p>Am I the only one who would like this option? And has anyone found a way of ordering it?<p><p>This post is from South Africa<br>I went to place an order for a C320 when I was told that it was not available as an option here despite the fact that the first batch will have it as the release model. no explanation from MB itself but the dealer thinks that it will become an option soon once initial production demand slows down and will probably be coupled to a price increase to justify that increase or to stimulate demand from people like us.<br>you could always do what I did and order a BMW 330i living without parktronic/pdc is not an option for me<br><p>I don't understand, do you REALLY need parktronic? I mean, isn't this just a system that warns you if you are going to back up into an object? I've been driving for only about 9 years but I've never backed into anything.<p>Is there some other feature of parktronic I am missing?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: : : I am rather upset that parktronic is not avaiable on US C-class cars. And that it is a special order on the E-class. BMW has it as straight up options on their cars and the owners seem to swear by it.<p>Am I the only one who would like this option? And has anyone found a way of ordering it?<p><p>This post is from South Africa<br>I went to place an order for a C320 when I was told that it was not available as an option here despite the fact that the first batch will have it as the release model. no explanation from MB itself but the dealer thinks that it will become an option soon once initial production demand slows down and will probably be coupled to a price increase to justify that increase or to stimulate demand from people like us.<br>you could always do what I did and order a BMW 330i living without parktronic/pdc is not an option for me<br><p>I don't understand, do you REALLY need parktronic? I mean, isn't this just a system that warns you if you are going to back up into an object? I've been driving for only about 9 years but I've never backed into anything.<p>Is there some other feature of parktronic I am missing?<p>its a convenience feature that makes parking in confined spaces so easy that you can literally do it with your eyes closed . maybe I am exaggerating but in my 528i I could do parallel parking manoeuvres by simply looking at my mirrors<br>so if you do a lot of city driving and parking it ranks up there with good seats and hifi for convenience<br>then there is the small matter of safety if you have small children who could be unseen behind the car when you reverse from your driveway etc<br>finally there is the fun factor whereby you can watch peoples faces while reversing as if you are not looking where you are going whilst backing right up to the car behind you especially the driver of the car behind you<br>its one of those convenience things that you can't live without once you have had it<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many times have you driven outside of the U.S.?

Parking in large cities in Europe is a bitch! To top it off the C-class is a large car compared to most of the cars on the road in Europe. I'm in Germany right now driving a rented Ford Focus hatchback and I think it's bad compared to the U.S., but it's still a breeze compared to France, Italy, Spain, or anywhere in Eastern Europe.<p>Large cities in Asia are even worse. I wonder if they get Parktronic, too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Models sold in Taiwan have Parktronic.....

Standard on ALL W220s, and high end W210s. Option on all other model, except ML, SLK, SL, and Current C-Class.<p>Andy Kuo

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parktronic in Singapore

Parktronic? Actually, in Singapore, most of my friends avoid it like the plague. It's err... irritating.<p>A W203 C240 would cost about US$130,000 in Singapore and our parking spaces are typically like after you've parallel parked (about 30% of all parking spaces are parallel) there's like 1.5' ahead and 1.5' behind. Parktronic tolerances are just not enough for this kinda finesse. What you really need is `the force' and a little bit of faith.<p>No, parktronic will just screw the brains out of our already stressed heads. BTW, all the newer Japanese cars come with Parktronic (cruder version) standard and most of them had it turned off (or disconnected in the Toyotas). Intelligently, the local MB agent did not include parktronic standard for the W203.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Parktronic in Singapore

That's odd... only the C200 is without PTS here in Malaysia... and the car's CKD (locally assembled).<br> <br> All the other models of the W203, locally assembled and imported, are fitted with PTS.<br> <br> Not sure if one could retrofit it.

·
Registered
C Class 200K
6 Posts
It is possible but not a Mercedes own version, Meta security systems have developed various options for the parking options. They also have the 4 sensor per bumper options. It is also has a visual sensor which is not as good looking as the Mercedes version. Best bet is to go with the audio option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts