Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML(163) 400 CDI, ,, 1986 Citroen 2cv,
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I have started a new thread. I was not aware of how to pick up an old thread.
In any case, my question is: Can the sensitivity of the Parktronic be adjusted?
Mine will sense a hazard 8-10 feet away and beep. This seems to be extreme range and while I dont mind a Collision Avoidance capability, the beeping can be annoying. In most situations, Parking, backing up, etc.,it is working very well. I have cycled the system with no change in the results.
Incidentally, European cars with the OEM hitch automatically deactivate the rear sensors when the hitch is in place.

·
Registered
03 ML350
250 Posts
Incidentally, European cars with the OEM hitch automatically deactivate the rear sensors when the hitch is in place.
i can tell you that my rear sensors are working fine and i have the tow hitch on the car all the time.

you have to turn to the dealer regarding the sensitivity of the front sensors.
according to 43's document less sensitive sensors can be installed on the front.

i agree with you, it can be annoying especially at the stop light when pedestrians walk too close to the front of the car...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parkyronic System

Gotca:
Your rear sensors are not supposed to work with an OEM hitch installed. If they are activated they would detect your trailer and illuminate as well as beeping.
MBZ designed it this way. If your rear sensors are working with a hitch installed, then perhaps you have an aftermarket hitch.

·
Registered
03 ML350
250 Posts
Gotca:
Your rear sensors are not supposed to work with an OEM hitch installed. If they are activated they would detect your trailer and illuminate as well as beeping.
MBZ designed it this way. If your rear sensors are working with a hitch installed, then perhaps you have an aftermarket hitch.
socarco,
i don't mean to steal your topic, but rear parktronic has nothing to do with the towing hitch.
however, it will deactivate only when the trailer plug is inserted!

on-topic
my sensors will start beeping at approx 20cm from an obstacle.

good luck finding less sensitive sensors.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotca:
I stand corrected. I didnt know exactly where the signal came from.
All i knew was the rear sensors were inoperative when I was rigged to tow.
I think that I will accept the ultra sensitivity of the sensors and not try to fix what aint broke!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts