Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
brabus G36
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my mercedes ml 1999 I installed a parktronic kit from bosch. Mercedes uses the same components from bosch on their cars. I like to install this also on the G. Now bosch sells the basic kit with the sensors and the installation kit changes depending on what car you want to install it. Does anybody know some information about the installation kit like partnumber. Could be info from bosch or from mercedes.

Did somebody installed a back up camera on their G. pictures?

Whats the best? camera or sensor?

thanks

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
brabus g36 - 4/7/2005 7:58 AM

seems to be that I posted a boring subject. some people over there who wished that they inslalled on of those systems before they back uped in something.
Probably because most of us have never backed into something b/c we look first. The crap that is installed on cars today simply amazes me. In a few short years we probably won't even drive our cars anymore. Think of the day when drivers are so lazy they depend on this garbage and then it fails and they mow down a 2 year old while backing out of a spot or rear-end a car on the highway b/c the adaptive cruise control fails. People need to be more educated and trained, not less.

Just my $.02 on a gloomy day.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
i kinda know what your saying. I dont have it but would like it. however if i do the camera set up i want 4. one each side, one on the back and then a plug and play one to go on the trailer. You cant see ANYTHING with a car behind a G. I bet its worse with a boat.

Anyway a friends shop sales kits like this. She has it on her hummer. Ill see what system she has and if they any pictures. i just went to her web page and they must be working on it. www.riderevolution.com

·
Registered
'07 E63 Wagon; '12 Range Rover HSE
43 Posts
mb230s - 4/7/2005 11:03 AM

brabus g36 - 4/7/2005 7:58 AM

seems to be that I posted a boring subject. some people over there who wished that they inslalled on of those systems before they back uped in something.
Probably because most of us have never backed into something b/c we look first. The crap that is installed on cars today simply amazes me. In a few short years we probably won't even drive our cars anymore. Think of the day when drivers are so lazy they depend on this garbage and then it fails and they mow down a 2 year old while backing out of a spot or rear-end a car on the highway b/c the adaptive cruise control fails. People need to be more educated and trained, not less.

Just my $.02 on a gloomy day.
I totally agree. All that junk makes people think that they are not culpable for making mistakes on the road.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
unless you park in the city. then you have no clue hose close you are to the car behind you.

·
Registered
'07 E63 Wagon; '12 Range Rover HSE
43 Posts
Kerr - 4/7/2005 2:42 PM

unless you park in the city. then you have no clue hose close you are to the car behind you.
Truth be told: I never even tap bumpers, regardless of where I park. Ever. I'm that picky.

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Kerr - 4/7/2005 1:42 PM

No clue? Try looking. You just don't know how to park. Last time I checked Chicago was a city and I've never needed a camera in the 10 years I've been here. The G is so easy to park. No sloping hood lines, you know exactly where the truck starts/stops, and a very tight turning radius. No excuse other than lack of skill or general laziness.

Now if you had a system that could keep other people from hitting my truck I'd be interested........

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
depends what you want the systems for. If you wanted to get really close to something a camera might be best between the two, but the sensors are basically just useful for giving you a general idea of how close you are to something, or for giving you a warning if didn't notice something behind you like a tall rock, stump, poll, curb, child you missed that was indeed behind you. But with the sensors if you really want to get close to something you have to use your intuition of the trucks shape and look out the back or stick your head out the window, because that system goes to full alert when you still have some room to squeeze.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts