Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C200 KOMP. Coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, lets say I’m parking my car in front of a wall. The sensor doesn’t show me the exact distance as it happens.

Lets say I reached a distance where it should make that sound… it will take about a second or two till I the sensor move on that screen and here the beep sound.

Is it supposed to be like that?

One more question… is there away to make the sensor work same as the one on bmw? I mean by sound.. the beep would increase as I’m closing to that object next to the car?

Thanks.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
You have to look at the visuals...

BMW's system does not have any visual indicators whatsoever, therefore you have to rely on audio aids only. With Parktronic, you look at the visual read-outs and only when you are within 30 centimetres (I think) of the object do you get audio cues as well. It sounds like your system is working as it should [:)]

·
Registered
C240 W203 Avantgarde
47 Posts
It's like Drew said:

1. When you start manoeuvering, you keep an eye on the visual ind...

It's like Drew said:

1. When you start manoeuvering, you keep an eye on the visual indicator (either in the rear-view mirror, or on your dash) which keeps you posted on your progress towards the obstacle (it may have a slight delay, which I never noticed - but you're not supposed to park at full speed [;)].

2. The audio signal is just an additional alert (in case you forget to look).

It works very well for me (in fact I find it a bit too "careful", but you get used to that and learn to benefit from a few extra inches left when the LEDs touch in the centre).

·
Registered
2003 C240 87k // 2002 C240 77k Miles
150 Posts
Do 2002/2003 C240 have this parking sensor?
If so how/when does it work?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,338 Posts
Parktronic was an option. It was not very common on the W203 C-Class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts