Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, here's my contribution to this forum. Everyone that wants a quick and easy way to change the ugly yellowish bulbs in the parking lights.....here it is. You can put any led's you want in the sockets. here's the catch; you have to ADD a bulb and socket to the line leading to the bulb. positive to positive and negative to negative. same kind of bulb (194) and a socket you can buy in ANY auto parts store. the benefit: you have lights for under the hood. The drawback: you have lights for under the hood. You can mount them anywhere, but remember bulbs get hot, so choose your location wisely. you can also use load equalizers, but they get pricey and do the same thing. they also give off as much heat as a bulb. I tested them in my car for a week before i posted this to make sure i get no codes. none so far. if you have any questions feel free to email me. [email protected] :D:D:D

here's why it works.....The factory bulbs put out an electrical resistance that tells the computer the light is on. LED'S have NO resistance. Hence, the "light out" notification.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any links would be great as this is a nice option to include to the vehicle especially after an HID installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts