Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parking brake does not hold the vehicle, the cable obviously needs adjustment, it is really a good idea to have your parking brake to be able to hold the vehicle on a hill. Anyone here know what's needed to adjust one of these? Thanks Benzo-heads! I recently found some 22 inch wheels that are in MINT condition, as soon as I get those on the car I will post pictures! Currently has 265/60R18. Will have Falken ZIEX S/TZ 05 tires that are 285/40R22.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out... On each rear brake disc there is a little rubber plug, remove that and inside is a little wheel that turns using a flat blade screwdriver. With parking brake in Off position, Adjust accordingly until the disc won't turn, then back off until it will turn. Then, your parking brake will engage and will hold the car when parking on a hill. Needs to be done on both sides. Be sure to re-install the little rubber plugs in their holes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
tonylinc
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing