Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The topic has kind of been alluded to...

Most know there's an adjuster for the parking brake shoes behind the disk, in between the shoes at the top (I've posted pics of this adjuster as well as others I believe).

But I've heard someone say there may be another adjustment for the cable, although they may not have been talking about the B-Class.

Can someone look at the service shedule...it talks about a parking brake cable length adjustment to be done at first service 2...maybe someone with a working WIS can click on this job and see if it's just the same adjustment at the brake shoe adjuster, or maybe it's something else? Some cars have adjusters at the hand brake lever, others have it where the cable from the lever ends at a bracket where each wheel cable goes.

Just would like to be sure about this.

edit: or maybe a parts exploded view may show it.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,497 Posts
Great info from the Russian site and this is what my WIS shows.

Maybe there is more info on a more recent WIS.

My tech adjusted my brakes back in 2006 and he only worked at the back wheels for a moment. It doesn't look like any adjustment at the handbrake handle either. I've yet to do a followup adjustment as my handle is still low. The handbrake shoes should never wear either as they only hold the wheel in place.

Adding this to my bucket list as things to check in the fall. Could be that there is only a cable adjustment near the rear wheel. Should then be very easy for us too.

Attachments

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Handbrake adjustment is on your bucket list? Aim higher!!

Mine is weird, sometimes the handle is low and holds the car and sometimes it is high and...holds the car!

·
Registered
2006 B170
109 Posts
I've attached the WIS stuff.

Danger!
Risk of death caused by vehicle slipping or toppling off of the lifting platform.

Align vehicle between columns of vehicle lift and position four support plates at vehicle lift support points specified by vehicle manufacturer.

Attachments

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info, all. Will digest later from computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts